Diplomaticos Bushido

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few boxes have arrived. When I mean a few, less than 10. Reinforcements will be coming but a full allocation by HSA has not been received to my knowledge. From memory, these were rolled NOV/DIC 2014

That's the ol' HSA Double Whammy Not only is it a RE, its also a commemorative cigar That means double the premium If theyre under $900us a box I'll prob look at them, if not, pass $900us buys you

The 2012 Colleccion Privada (petit robusto) is an excellent cigar that tastes like a good aged No.2, but stronger and cleared of any slag. The 5000 boxes were sold at light speed… If the Diplomaticos

• 2 weeks later...

d9154a1c9a84b7d7c0789d7c1d5e677e.jpg

Arrived this week at LCDH in Melbourne.

Going to crack it this afternoon / evening.

FYI they are $69 each, $1700 per box AUD. As a price comparison, La Casa in Melbourne has BHK 52's at $77 each.

Did you smoke it?

Ohh wow, quite reasonable in price. Not sure that i'd shell out for a box though...

Agreed, I thought they would be more. Similarly, I don't think I'd get a box, but like others here I'd be interested in sampling one!

Ohh wow, quite reasonable in price. Not sure that i'd shell out for a box though...

Reasonable? $30+ a stick duty free?

I must have a very skewed definition of reasonable....

• Like 2

Well it's a good thing you guys don't live in Australia and pay Australian taxes or retail prices then i guess. Or London, or Canada.

As the poster said, the stick is cheaper than a BHK52.

69 S AU, = US$55 = €49, reasonable? That's nearly the price I paid for the Siglo VI Gran Reserva in France…

Australian prices are not directly comparable across exchange rates. Rather, the main consideration is the marca price and weight of the cigar in determining taxes (currently $AU587.62 per kilo). $AU69 might be closer to $US45.

Australian prices are not directly comparable across exchange rates. Rather, the main consideration is the marca price and weight of the cigar in determining taxes (currently $AU587.62 per kilo). $AU69 might be closer to $US45.

Here is a rough guess bases on some price differences seen between $AU and $US on this site (taking taxes and exchange rate into account, and using larger sized cigars to take weight factor into account):

69 $AU -------> 29 $US

A few boxes have arrived. When I mean a few, less than 10. Reinforcements will be coming but a full allocation by HSA has not been received to my knowledge. From memory, these were rolled NOV/DIC 2014.

International pricing is being forwarded to me Monday/Tuesday by PCC. I will provide the info once received :ok:

PCC sets the prices? You don't set your own?

I guess the MSRP. I remember ERDM Aniversario was set at $399

Bushido, according Cigar Insider, $1090

For 25...so that's $US 43.60 a cigar...a little more than the price of the Cohiba Robusto Supremo EL 2014 ($US41).

There will be at least 25 more for all the enthusiasts chasing these to enjoy - as I won't be chasing any.

Well it's a good thing you guys don't live in Australia and pay Australian taxes or retail prices then i guess. Or London, or Canada.

As the poster said, the stick is cheaper than a BHK52.

Which still doesn't make it reasonable by any means.

PCC sets the prices? You don't set your own?

It is their cigar, not mine. PCC sets the price on all new Asia Pacific Regional releases and as a rule we (approved retailers) are to officially hold it for a period of time.

You don't play the game, you don't get supply.