Diplomaticos Bushido

It is their cigar, not mine. PCC sets the price on all new Asia Pacific Regional releases and as a rule we (approved retailers) are to officially hold it for a period of time.

You don't play the game, you don't get supply.

Interesting. I had no idea. So all retailers will have the same price for the first little while and then price can be played with (up or down) by the retailer down the road?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few boxes have arrived. When I mean a few, less than 10. Reinforcements will be coming but a full allocation by HSA has not been received to my knowledge. From memory, these were rolled NOV/DIC 2014

That's the ol' HSA Double Whammy Not only is it a RE, its also a commemorative cigar That means double the premium If theyre under $900us a box I'll prob look at them, if not, pass $900us buys you

The 2012 Colleccion Privada (petit robusto) is an excellent cigar that tastes like a good aged No.2, but stronger and cleared of any slag. The 5000 boxes were sold at light speed… If the Diplomaticos

Interesting. I had no idea. So all retailers will have the same price for the first little while and then price can be played with (up or down) by the retailer down the road?

That pretty much sums it up. Generally the price is held until the Regional has been out in the market for some time.

The Bushido is interesting. It is a year late in release. The price is high, the geographic region large, quantities low (2000 boxes) and to my knowledge the full allocation still not sent by HSA.

I don't know what it is about these things. Maybe its the fact that it is a 109. Maybe its the cool name and packaging. I want a box of these something fierce.

I don't buy LE/RE's...EVER. I may trade for a couple to sample. I may occasionally (one or twice occasionally) buy a sampler. But I don't ever buy a box or even close to a box.

That being said, I want a box of these and I can't stop thinking about them. Never mind the organ they want me to sell to buy a box or the fact that I don't need them and won't treat them like the collector's item they are intended to be. I just want me some Diplo Bushidos!!!!!

Good thing I probably can't source any as they are only making 2000 boxes and I am sure there are 2000 people that are more important that I am looking for these. Thank god violin.gif

• Like 1

I don't know what it is about these things. Maybe its the fact that it is a 109. Maybe its the cool name and packaging. I want a box of these something fierce.

I don't buy LE/RE's...EVER. I may trade for a couple to sample. I may occasionally (one or twice occasionally) buy a sampler. But I don't ever buy a box or even close to a box.

That being said, I want a box of these and I can't stop thinking about them. Never mind the organ they want me to sell to buy a box or the fact that I don't need them and won't treat them like the collector's item they are intended to be. I just want me some Diplo Bushidos!!!!!

Good thing I probably can't source any as they are only making 2000 boxes and I am sure there are 2000 people that are more important that I am looking for these. Thank god violin.gif

I remember last 2 years Rob made a list for those who wanter Asia Pacifico Regional. Like he says, first in first served. Maybe it happens again this year.

2000 boxes aren't as scarce as you think

Most PCC reigionals are in the 2000 box mark and most can still be found relatively easily years later

Combine that with the price and size and I don't think these will fly out the door as fast as you think.

Don't get me wrong, they'll be popular in the market, but I reckon they'll be around for at least 6-12 months from when they start regularly showing up around the traps

• Like 1

Most PCC reigionals are in the 2000 box mark and most can still be found relatively easily years later

Combine that with the price and size and I don't think these will fly out the door as fast as you think.

Don't get me wrong, they'll be popular in the market, but I reckon they'll be around for at least 6-12 months from when they start regularly showing up around the traps

X2

I can understand your feelings. I wonder if, as a result of discontinuations amongst Diplomático vitolas, there is a sentimental demand for this release?

Even myself, who's come lately after cigars such as the Dip 4, 6 and 7 have gone, would like to try another Diplomático besides the No.2!

I can understand your feelings. I wonder if, as a result of discontinuations amongst Diplomático vitolas, there is a sentimental demand for this release?

Even myself, who's come lately after cigars such as the Dip 4, 6 and 7 have gone, would like to try another Diplomático besides the No.2!

Possibly

That being said, the last Diplomatico RE (Spain) did pretty well in the market

This release was very well packaged and priced compared to the Bushido and is still easy to find if you spend 10min with Google

Of the Asia Pacific REs, only 2 had an edition size under 3000 boxes; Punch Sabrosos 2011 (2400 25ct SBN) & Quai d'Orsay Superiores 2011 (2400 25ct SBN).

Minimum run for REs is 25000 cigars, with 5 of the 14 REs being released in 4000 box lots (not including the China RE jars or tins). The RE with the smallest production run was La Flor de Cano Grandiosos 2013 (5000 10ct boxes), and the largest were Bolivar Short Bolivar 2008 (7400 25ct SLB) & Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra 2008 (7400 25ct SLB)

If the cigar is good it will go. The packaging is excellent.

Bolivar Distiniguidos Jar. 2010 made.

You couldn't find one after 6 months from release. From memory we sold them for around $1000. Today you would be paying $2000+

I will be interested to see how it pans out.

Am having one after dinner tonight.

• Like 1

It's a hard job but someone has to do it! We look forward to finding out your thoughts...

Jack-in-the-box burger, 1961 Chateau Cheval Blanc, and a Diplomaticos Bushido

Ugh! How could you?!

What a way to ruin a perfectly good Jack-in-the-box burger with a Chateau Cheval Blanc! tongue.png

If the cigar is good it will go. The packaging is excellent.

Bolivar Distiniguidos Jar. 2010 made.

You couldn't find one after 6 months from release. From memory we sold them for around $1000. Today you would be paying $2000+

I would die to grab that jar at that price now. One of the best cigars I have ever smoked. I only have two left.

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

I would die to grab that jar at that price now. One of the best cigars I have ever smoked. I only have two left.

-Stogie Boy

If you would die for the jar, how would you enjoy the cigar?

• Like 1

-Stogie Boy

I bought 3 jars when they came out. Just sayin'. :)

If you would die for the jar, how would you enjoy the cigar?

Bought three singles from someone who had a jar.

-Stogie Boy

I bought 3 jars when they came out. Just sayin'. smile.png

Got a single or two left for trade?

• Like 2