Hi All,

I am familar with London (to a certain extent), but I will be in England and then Paris, celebrating my 30th birthday with my wife and was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to provide recommendations for cigars bars and/or stores in London, Bath, the Cotswolds(not expecting many here, but thought I would ask), and Paris, I would very much appreciate it. I know that Paris will be less expensive for cigars, but I was thinking of picking up a few UK regional releases while visiting.

I would also take recommendations on restaraunts and cocktail bars in the same areas!

Thank you in advance!

-CLS

James J Foxes, the one close to Green Park and Bates hat shop. Closes early, has a lounge upstairs to chill in and has Churchills chair still and a few other cool cigar memoriabilia.

When will you be in London till? I'll land on the 23rd April, we can catch up for a smoke if the timing suits? I'm sure i'll be able to gather the London crew as well.

Places to go in London for cigars,

JJ Fox - just go to St James st.

Davidoff - Nothing much exciting here, but it's on the same street as JJ Fox so you might as well walk in anyway.

Dunhill - 1A st James st. - again same street as JJ Fox. This is a great place to sit down and have a smoke.

Lounges to go to;

10 Manchester street (closes at 21:00)

Mayfair Hotel

Boisdale

Wellesley Hotel

LCDH London (in teddington, about hour and half from city centre by train)

Tom Tom cigars is a cigar shop with a coffee shop around the corner. Go there for the scenery more than anything else. Cobblestone streets and just watch the Bentleys and Rolls Royces drive by while have a coffee and a cigar.

• Like 1

When will you be in London till? I'll land on the 23rd April, we can catch up for a smoke if the timing suits? I'm sure i'll be able to gather the London crew as well.

Places to go in London for cigars,

JJ Fox - just go to St James st.

Davidoff - Nothing much exciting here, but it's on the same street as JJ Fox so you might as well walk in anyway.

Dunhill - 1A st James st. - again same street as JJ Fox. This is a great place to sit down and have a smoke.

Lounges to go to;

10 Manchester street (closes at 21:00)

Mayfair Hotel

Boisdale

Wellesley Hotel

LCDH London (in teddington, about hour and half from city centre by train)

Tom Tom cigars is a cigar shop with a coffee shop around the corner. Go there for the scenery more than anything else. Cobblestone streets and just watch the Bentleys and Rolls Royces drive by while have a coffee and a cigar.

If you could only choose one, what would it be.

Honestly it depends what you're after mate. Tom toms is nice and relaxing... upper class if you want to call it that.

Wellesly is a high class hotel and you have to buy cigars there and they are expensive.. some very rare things there though

JJ Fox is there for the memorabilia. If you go at an ideal time you might get to have asmoke a chat with the blokes working there.

Dunhill again it's a great lounge and if you go there at an ideal time you can have a good chat to the guys who work there.

Dont bother with davidoff.

Ajays is good if you want to go after some ooooold cigars.. he's got plenty hidden away. He usually has time for a smoke and chat but it'll cost you a lot for the older stuff, and it takes time to get out there.

If it were up to me? Nothing beats hanging out with the London crew at any of the smoking terraces... The Mayfair is going to be the new FoH home ground i think.

Thanks all! Really appreciate the information. We are only in London until the 19th, then headed to the Cotswolds. Sorry to miss you guys this time around, but I'll make sure to post sooner next time around and we can figure something out.

If any of you are ever in Northern California, drop me a line and I'll set something up with plenty of cigars and good drinks!

-Clint

If you find somewhere good in Paris, let me know. I'm going on honeymoon there next Feb and wouldn't mind a cigar or two while the missus shops. Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2015 at 7:01 PM, LordAnubis said:

Honestly it depends what you're after mate. Tom toms is nice and relaxing... upper class if you want to call it that.

Wellesly is a high class hotel and you have to buy cigars there and they are expensive.. some very rare things there though

JJ Fox is there for the memorabilia. If you go at an ideal time you might get to have asmoke a chat with the blokes working there.

Dunhill again it's a great lounge and if you go there at an ideal time you can have a good chat to the guys who work there.

Dont bother with davidoff.

Ajays is good if you want to go after some ooooold cigars.. he's got plenty hidden away. He usually has time for a smoke and chat but it'll cost you a lot for the older stuff, and it takes time to get out there.

If it were up to me? Nothing beats hanging out with the London crew at any of the smoking terraces... The Mayfair is going to be the new FoH home ground i think.

The May Fair on Stratton street?