Cheese

SmittyinAZ

love cabot made in vermont I think ! I like the seriouly sharp and the one thats Called hunters favorite it was even sharper but hard to find now . the hunters favorite is but they have plenty of the other all is good! Interesting Smitty.thumbsup.gif

I have also tried cheese with cigars. I had a nice reggiano parmesan once that matched well with a Party SDC #2 and a German Wheat beer. Weird mix of contrasts but seemed to work. At the very least, I like all of them individually. peace.gif

I have also tried cheese with cigars. I had a nice reggiano parmesan once that matched well with a Party SDC #2 and a German Wheat beer. Weird mix of contrasts but seemed to work. At the very least, I like all of them individually. peace.gif

post-192-0-23222100-1429590321_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

looks pretty god to me bill biggrin.png

I almost always put out a nice block of Parmigiano-Reggiano along with some prosciutto and bread sticks when I have a few folks over for cigars. I find that this cheese pairs very well with most cigars.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to try this. It doesn't surprise me though.... I've always thought that cheese paired best with wine and now I'm discovering as my palate develops in terms of cigars it is becoming much more sensitive to the flavor in wine. So, yeah....cigars, cheese, booze = delish!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Often wondered if something in dairy products changes my perception of flavours and enhances my sticks. I find milk (in my coffee) and cheese, in platter form as already mentioned, quite often allow me to get more specific flavours out of a cigar.

i made ricotta last night. very impressed with myself.

Try grating some parmesan into ricotta. If you like that, then grate some nutmeg, mix well.

i made ricotta last night. very impressed with myself. mind you, 3 litres of milk give a small plate of ricotta.

Does leaving old milk in the fridge until it gets 'chunky' count as making cheese? If so then I have made cheese a few times but it was god awful stuff.

• Like 1

Often wondered if something in dairy products changes my perception of flavours and enhances my sticks. I find milk (in my coffee) and cheese, in platter form as already mentioned, quite often allow me to get more specific flavours out of a cigar.

I have found the same thing. I have taken to pairing cigars with coffee flavoured milk or mocha milk purchased from the supermarket. I also like to have a stout open at the same time and some iced water to cleanse the palate. I alternate between the three. I think it points to my personality of wanting to try everything...or maybe it's just FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out. party.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, cheese is definitely something that seems to go well with cigars. I don't make a practice of it - i.e. I don't intentionally plan ahead by making a snack tray ready for when I smoke - but when I do happen to nibble on cheese while smoking it definitely seems to bring out more flavors. I had some nice Wensleydale a couple of years back that really did the trick. The Cabot goods are easier for me to get, though, being in the States and all.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• 1 month later...

So, it took me longer than expected to get around to trying this due to work running me crazy lately, but alas I did it! I am currently sitting here with a 2013 Bordeaux, a few slices of a mild goat cheese and a Gouda blend, and a wonderful RASCC. All three things taken together are most enjoyable, but I do feel that I have the best ability to pick out flavors of the cigar when I pair it solely with water. That being said, if I'm not trying to do a review, this is a wonderfully pleasant combination.

Thanks for passing this little treat along!

Seth

• 4 months later...