Batman Vs. Superman first trailer

Fosgate

I thought the whole idea is kind of suckish. It just seems like that question of who could take who? Mighty Mouse vs Superman, Rocky and Bullwinkle vs Hong Kong Fooey and his cat? I think it was probably proposed to Christian Bale and he immediately said no way.

The Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Trailer Is Official

I'm definitely looking forward to this, a HUGE Batman fan.

As for the who would win stuff, seriously, being a realm where none of this is real anyway, I guess anything can happen and make sense in such a universe. Superman is a ***** lol3.gif

My thought is just when DC up'd their game to the level of Marvel with their franchises they are just going to tank their top character and a new character they just had a decent relaunch with.

For those of us with a sense of humour. Below is a retro style trailer of the movie done with Christopher Reeve and Adam West. Enjoy! lmao.gif

LOL Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the whole idea is kind of suckish. It just seems like that question of who could take who? Mighty Mouse vs Superman, Rocky and Bullwinkle vs Hong Kong Fooey and his cat? I think it was probably proposed to Christian Bale and he immediately said no way.

It's actually a pretty standard storyline in the DC universe.

• 2 months later...

Check Out The New Batman V. Superman Trailer, Starring Wonder Woman

1336287064121560612.gif

So she’s only on screen for a few seconds of the over three and a half minute long Comic-Con trailer for next year’s Batman V. Superman. They are the best seconds.

It’s an impressive trailer, both visually and lengthwise. Lex Luthor’s wig gets a lot of play, and we get to see more of why brooding Bruce is brooding. Nothing pits two heroes against each other like hundreds dying in a collapsing building and holding a crying child, especially when the one dealing with the crying is the world’s most famous crying child himself, Bruce Wayne.
But yes, I am most excited for Wonder Woman, as I’ve seen several movies starring the other two big heroes here but none featuring the third element of the holy trinity. Gal Gadot looks much more angry and powerful than I’d imagine she’d be so I stand corrected.

Great trailer. Looking better than I hope for. They need to release this sooner than later. But, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther does nothing for me. From what I see in the trailers, this movie is going to borrow heavily from the comic book "The Dark Knight Returns". most obvious through Batman's "super armour" fight scenes. Wonder Woman looked great too! DC just might be able to gain some momentum and move forward with a Justice League movie.

• Like 1

So is the plot that Lex Luthor slips Superman some dodgy Kryptonite that turns him nasty, and Batman has to defeat him?

He may do just that (Red Kryptonite) but this is yet to be seen.

EDIT: Looking at the footage again, you actually get a glimpse of ZOD... Wonder if that destruction of Wayne Tower is actually ZOD having been revived somehow by Lex and Bruce Wayne blames Superman and or, perhaps the movie starts where Man of Steel left off with the battle of ZOD and Superman?

Perhaps Superman isn't evil at all in the movie and this flick melds into a continuation of the last?

Can't wait.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

In the New Batman v. Superman Sneak Peek, Batman Has Superman Just Where He Wants Him

After all, Batman is never more dangerous than when he’s being underestimated. Spoilers ahead...

I’m willing to bet that the scenario in this new clip from Batman v Superman—with the bondage, the unmasking, the bunker, and all of it, is some kind of cunning Bat-trap. Right? I guess we’ll find out in a couple days. This clip just aired as part of Gotham, but we’ll get a whole new trailer on Wednesday evening.

Not a fan of the new trailer. That gives away WAY too much...Kind of feel like the entire plot is spoiled now.

Spoiler below in case anyone doesn't want to watch the trailer

Why would they show Batman and Superman teaming up against Doomsday? The whole point of the movie is that these two heroes are duking it out, and now we know for a fact that they team up in the end against a common enemy? I mean, most people could probably figure that out without watching the trailer, but still...now we know! Wonder Woman would have been a nice surprise...again, now we know it's coming. I get that marketing companies have to really amp up the hype for a movie so that it gets the best release weekend possible, but now I feel like I know and have seen too much.

Not a fan of the new trailer. That gives away WAY too much...Kind of feel like the entire plot is spoiled now.

Spoiler below in case anyone doesn't want to watch the trailer

Why would they show Batman and Superman teaming up against Doomsday? The whole point of the movie is that these two heroes are duking it out, and now we know for a fact that they team up in the end against a common enemy? I mean, most people could probably figure that out without watching the trailer, but still...now we know! Wonder Woman would have been a nice surprise...again, now we know it's coming. I get that marketing companies have to really amp up the hype for a movie so that it gets the best release weekend possible, but now I feel like I know and have seen too much.

I think most people knew Wonder Woman was in this flick but in what capacity is another topic.

I agree, should have left Doomsday out of the spoiler even though I had a huge feeling he was going to appear.

I'm a Batman fan, so for me, I'm so excited by all this. :)

I also hear there may be a cameo of the new Joker in the movie...

In the New Batman v. Superman Sneak Peek, Batman Has Superman Just Where He Wants Him

After all, Batman is never more dangerous than when he’s being underestimated. Spoilers ahead...

I’m willing to bet that the scenario in this new clip from Batman v Superman—with the bondage, the unmasking, the bunker, and all of it, is some kind of cunning Bat-trap. Right? I guess we’ll find out in a couple days. This clip just aired as part of Gotham, but we’ll get a whole new trailer on Wednesday evening.

I'm saying "dream sequence"

NEW TRAILER:

I agree, could have done without it

I always figured they'd put Doomsday in as the big bad (if Batman v Superman is leading into the Justice League then I knew theyd have to make friends by the end of the film) as the only thing worse than one (mostly) good kryptonian being is a (totally) bad one.

Still, I feel trailers these days give too much of the plot away in order to generate hype. I hope the best parts of the movie have not all been shown in the (combined) 10 min worth of trailers we've gotten since the film was announced, I guess we'll see in March

For the record, I'm more excited about this than I am about Star Wars

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Superman Threatens to End Batman in the First Clip From Batman V Superman

Director Zack Snyder paid a visit to Conan last night, and he brought a clip—the very first from Batman v Superman. Suffice to say, it’s a pretty tense moment between the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight.

The clip appears to be the climax of the first major scuffle between Batman and Superman, which ends with the Batmobile totalled after Bats attempts to slam his Kryptonian foe with it. Suffice to say, it didn’t go well.

This might just be the most threatening Superman’s ever been, considering that this incarnation of the hero has been capable of being pretty brutal. I’m not usually the biggest fan of “Look at how awesome Batman is” moments, but I love that after Superman threatens to destroy him utterly, in the wreck of his own car, Batman is just like “Nah.” It totally works in a way that “Do you bleed?” line hasn’t in the trailers.
Batman v Superman hits theaters March 25th.