Bordeaux....Heck All things French wine

CoCigarSmoker

one of the problems is that rousseau is very much one of the greats. you will never see it cheap again. but there are others. you need a good local retailer who can point you in the right direction.

Thanks Ken, you are sparking my interst again. Will certainly give it another go.

While atm some very, very interesting new Pinots coming from Germany, which I am venturing into, in partic. from Rheinhessen, a region which has never been famous for the varietal (as well as not for quality wine in general 20, 30 years ago...). Exciting times.

• 1 year later...

If anyone has any "crash course" reading suggestions/books on french wine I'm all ears! I've been doing some googling/reading lately and am blown away by how much there is to take in. A little more than CC's..

5 hours ago, BMWBen said:

If anyone has any "crash course" reading suggestions/books on french wine I'm all ears! I've been doing some googling/reading lately and am blown away by how much there is to take in. A little more than CC's..

depends how serious you are. i have hundreds of wine books. i can happily refer you to some. jancis robinson's oxford wine encyc is obligatory but there are many others. send me a PM and some idea of specific interests and levels and happy to recommend some.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2015 at 2:40 AM, Dispence said:

The problem with the 2000, 2005 and the 2009 vintages for me is that they are great out of the shoot, but don't have longevity. What l like to call "restaurant wines"...

Which 2000 and 2005 BDX are you drinking?  Heck, most of my 2000's are just "getting there" and the lower tier 2000's are drinking marvelously. Same with 2005.

• Like 1