Cubans with a sweet flavour profile

Hello Gents,

These days Iam really enjoying my SLR A's and love the sweet, fruity honey like notes in them, i wanted to know which other CC's have a nice sweet,sugary profile, I'm looking for sticks that one could practically characterize as a dessert.

Cheers

• Like 1

currently honey like .... HU Connie A , HdM Le Hoyo San Juan

Good choices which I concur with. From what I understand, an aged Por Larranaga Petit Corona oozes sweetness and caramel flavours, although I'm not talking from personal experience, I'm going by what others on our forum have recently said.

• Like 1

Por Larranaga Picadores fill the bill. Just smoked one blind yesterday and honey, cream, caramel and biscuit were the key notes.

Been burning through a box of these lately.

98 point smoke for me

Recent RyJ Wide Churchill also smoking sweet. Rum, dried fruit, brown sugar and sweet spice.

• Like 1

Dont forget the PL montecarlos. Pure sweet honey cheap and cheerful goodness. A good trini reyes if you can find a non crap one also very honey like on my palate

• Like 1

Quai D'Orsay Coronas are pure sweet tobacco.

I second this. Lovely and sweet. An aged Dip 2 can give sweet baking spices. Desert-like.

Smoked a Cohiba PE over the weekend and found it to be on the sweet side. Great cigar btw. Also find the Behikes to be slightly sweet as well. Also agree with the Encantos, loving the sweetness they are offering right now.

That's good to know, Clint. I have some Cohiba PE resting which I hope to sample in a month or two. cigar.gif

In regards to the original poster's questions, Por Larranaga is getting a lot of mentions in this thread for having sweet flavours. I find it a very popular marca amongst out members (perhaps only H.Upmann is more popular), under-rated, yet when PL cigars come up on 24:24 sales they nearly always sell out quickly. wink.png

Well-aged Lanceros do it for me. I have a handful left from an '00 box, and they're pure molasses. Also, my Siglo IVs ('07 I think), which I thought had gone over the hill, have now developed a lovely honeyed nuts flavour.

And I second the PLPCs, but they need age. Even then, I find the sweetness can be a bit elusive, sometimes just traces, but once in a while a real cracker, the sort of cigar that makes you want to find a quiet corner all by yourself and just sit in wonder as you smoke.

Over the years I have seen this question asked many times and Por Larranaga has always been mentioned. I for one have never been able to associate this marca with a sweet flavor profile. I have however tasted a great amount of sweetness in a box of 2003 H Upman #2's. Oh how I wish I could come across more of these boxes. I have also experienced sweetness in older SLR DC and Hoyo DC. Also as Cigarbreak mentioned, I do find sweetness in most of the San Cristobal de la Habana line.

Goes to show how taste is so subjective. That is one of the things I love about our hobby.

• Like 1

The recent run of RyJ Churchill has been like dessert. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet. Sinfully so.

Regards.

When I feel like a tasty cigar with some sweet flavors I reach for Rafael Gonzales. Creamy, vanilla, honey and sweet spices and more. Yum!

Define "sweet flavour". ALL habanos offer a sweetness which can be very different from one brand to another.

The honey sweetness of PL or SLR is different from the coffee sweetness of a Montecristo.

The most sugary cigars I've ever had were the Trinidad robusto extra, the PL Magnificos and the San Cristobal Muralla.

• Like 2

Along with what's been suggested, I like aged H. Upmann Regalias. Sugary sweet blast to start and rich sweet tobacco as you smoke...a real treat and the price is right.

Thanks for all the feedback! I think ill get myself a box of PLPC due to it obviously being the standout candidate. From what ive read though i understand they need quite a few years of age before they are ready to smoke. Anybody have any experience with smoking them ROTT and how is the latest batch faring in terms of construction and flavour. Im looking for an everyday smoke to add to my rotation.

Cheers