Nicaraguan Cigars

One of my absolute favorites is the Ave Maria Reconquista

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/10709/ave-maria-reconquista/

Also Flor de Las Antillas by My Father

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11602/my-father-flor-de-las-antillas/

Also pretty much anything Liga Privada or Opus X and Anejo

Smoking Cubans has pushed me toward the more expensive end of the NC scale. There are a lot of NC that don't interest me anymore because of Cubans.

**these arent all Nicaraguan, but some on my favorite NC

• Like 1

I guess everyone has their opinion but I cannot possibly agree with the opinion that any non cuban cigar is either as good or better than good to great cuban cigars. Pound for pound, best being put up against the best of each cigar/country, it is my experience that the cuban cigar wins hands down in pleasure and satisfaction derived from such cigar.

If I had to pick my favorite Nicaraguan cigars I'd probably pick Tatuaje Havana VI Almirantes. I find this cigar has a very similar taste and texture of tobacco as the 2 boxes of GAT Oct 12 RyJ Cazadores I have, which actually makes me a bit disappointed in the Cazadores to be honest. While the Tatuaje is good, I know the Cazadores have been better cigars in the past and it's experiences like this that make me wonder if all those rumour mongers spreading the rumour that Cuba is buying Nicaraguan tobacco, whether it's true. Padrons I don't find any use for at all, especially for the price. I've had Diesel Hair of the Dog's that taste similar if not better than alot of the Padrons and they're a fraction of the price. I won't waste my money on Padrons ever again as I've learnt my lesson with them. A Cabiguan is a better cigar than any Padron and I'm not a Tatuaje fanboy or a fan of Pete Johnson at all. The guy seems to care more about trying to be some cigar rockstar which I don't think fits the cigar culture or has any place in it but I digress.

And I agree with the previous poster about the Ave Maria. I think AJ Fernandez is the best blender of Nicaraguan cigars today. I like all of his blends to a degree. They are what they are. None are super refined or highly complex nor capable of aging into such, but they are just honest to goodness good Nicaraguan cigars without all the frills or obscenely high price tags that alot of much lesser quality cigars seem to have.

• Like 1

So much Nic tobacco out there,puros,blends,etc,and a full range of flavors and aromas.

some are very strong,some are rich and delicious.....Lots to try...........

Perdomo 20th Anniversary are excellent.

It is lucky for the CC industry that there are some fantastic quality cigars in amonst some complete crap. If the NC cigar industry was so hit and miss then they would never get their busineses off the ground. I guess thats half the fun of CC smoking is that you never know what your getting. If you pick up a cigar from Nica then you know what you are getting every time

Anyone have any favorites ? I have been told from various Cuban cigar smokers that some Nicaraguan Cigars are as good if not better then some Cubans.

Don't know about better than Cubans... sure some are better than Jose L Piedras...

I'd recommend the Padron 1926 Series (although it's over-priced compared to what you can get with Havanas) or the original Illusione lineup, specifically the ~mk~ or ~f9~ vitolas.

Oliva Serie O for a better value.

Beyond that, they're pretty much forgettable if you're used to Cubans.

• Like 1

One of my absolute favorites is the Ave Maria Reconquista

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/10709/ave-maria-reconquista/

Also Flor de Las Antillas by My Father

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11602/my-father-flor-de-las-antillas/

Also pretty much anything Liga Privada or Opus X and Anejo

Smoking Cubans has pushed me toward the more expensive end of the NC scale. There are a lot of NC that don't interest me anymore because of Cubans.

**these arent all Nicaraguan, but some on my favorite NC

X2 on the Flor de Las Antillas,

I am really enjoying the Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 right now. One of the few NC that I actually feel is worth over $10. I am also finding myself smoking quite a few Curivari Buenaventuras right now. An excellent budget smoke worth well more than the ~$5/stick they run. At the moment, however, I am having more and more trouble justifying spending money on NCs and can find excellent CCs in the $8-$12 range, which limits the amount of NCs I am willing to buy.

This is kind of an apples to oranges question. As an example, Padron 1926 comes to mind as a great cigar but the experience is different.

This is kind of like comparing great Italian food to great French food. While both are great, it is hard to say that one is better. Some like one better than the other, but their is no real comparison as we all have different tastes.

That said, I would say that most would choose a good Cuban cigar over an equal value Nicaraguan. ?

• Like 1

Having smoked a ton of NC in my life I can't think of a single one that is as flavorful and complex as most of the standard production CCs. Some are good, yes, but better? Not by a long shot.

• Like 1

Most of the smaller ring gauge tatuaje I've smoked get high marks from me. But frankly I walk into a U.S. Smoke shop humidor and don't know 90% of the brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Padron Family Reserves (No. 45, 50, 80th)