the world is now insane

Must have been a low month for them, I suppose - not much going on: people generally treating animals ethically etc. - had to do something to make themselves current and relevant...

every chance. that would seem to be the greens playbook here.

I'm with you on this scenario 100%. Anyone that takes pleasure in the hurting or killing of another living thing has some issues imo.

Strong statement... Curious about your avatar Clint... Is it a guy fishing from a boat? Hope no fish was hurt in the process...

Any absolute is bound to lack the proper perspective to be easy to defend. Not trying to offend but enjoys temperance...

• Like 2

Whether this is effective or not is certainly debatable. They clearly seem to think it's the best way to make their point. They apparently believe in their cause enough that they don't mind being seen as fools, radicals, clowns, etc. In a strange way I respect someone who stands so strongly for their beliefs, even if I don't agree with their actions.

I was in the warehouse Tuesday where this was playing out on Talk back radio.

The sad thing is the amount of commentary about people suspending their donations to the RSPCA (who are investigating the claims).

Talk about an organisation (bot PETA and RSPCA) shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

Strong statement... Curious about your avatar Clint... Is it a guy fishing from a boat? Hope no fish was hurt in the process...

Any absolute is bound to lack the proper perspective to be easy to defend. Not trying to offend but enjoys temperance...

i understand that there are grey areas in any argument like this, which is why i mentioned sustenance etc etc, but i would suggest that it is all a bit absolute for the poor animal slaughtered.

i am assuming you mean tolerance not temperance? i will avoid the inevitable bad joke about tolerance for temperance.

i understand that there are grey areas in any argument like this, which is why i mentioned sustenance etc etc, but i would suggest that it is all a bit absolute for the poor animal slaughtered.

i am assuming you mean tolerance not temperance? i will avoid the inevitable bad joke about tolerance for temperance.

I actually meant self-restrain from going all in and using blunt statements to define people by the impact of their actions taken out of context. However, english being my second language, it's always possible that I failed to explain myself clearly... Thanks for helping!

I don't think it is a safe assumption that they were NOT serious about their complaint. In my county we just voted down a measure put forward by some very serious and earnest people that would have given rights to the soil, plants and some forms of seeds. Fortunately sanity and reason prevailed in the majority of voters and it was voted down by 3-1,, but if someone had pitched that idea to me I'd have thought it a joke.