Opinions on HU majestics?

hebbe72

What are your general opinion on these? Are they just cheap but not so cheerful or are they worth the "investment". Am about to order some summer yard cigars and would like your input.

• 3 months later...

Love em! 2 boxes on hand. Prefer them over the Half Corona which I find to be less dependable.

I sort of agree - the HU half corona is a spicy little bomb but it can be inconsistent. I think that is due to its short length. There isn't enough time to let the flavors all develop. That's why I enjoy the length of the Majestics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Smoked a few 2014 Majestics last week and was impressed. I also had 2 Regalias and the Majestics were far superior. (It was Upmann sample week for me, lol)

Had much more in common with the HUPC and Mag 46 and is pretty much a corona vitola. I'd say it's worthy to carry the title of Upmann Corona and the price is excellent at about 70% of the PC price. If you like Upmann, you should be buying these.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been my experience with Upmann Majestics that even an oily, dark, marbled Majestic needs time. Most of the time they start getting rough about half way through....which could be worse...they are long!! 

I've got a couple of.boxes put away. I'm sure they will.mellow out. Anyone tried them with 3 or.more years rest?

• 2 weeks later...

bought 20 sticks. I was iffy for the first 2 sticks. Kept them for a few months and the 3 I've had so far was just a joy. Nice flavours of cream/vanilla from the 2nd third onwards. Smooth on the retrohale. 

I'd recommend these for price conscious smokers. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I have a few boxes of these from 2006 and the aging really does wonders to them lovely baked bread and cream just a wonderful smoke

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2016 at 10:09 PM, Dude said:

It's been my experience with Upmann Majestics that even an oily, dark, marbled Majestic needs time. Most of the time they start getting rough about half way through....which could be worse...they are long!! 

I've got a couple of.boxes put away. I'm sure they will.mellow out. Anyone tried them with 3 or.more years rest?

I have been working my way through a box from 2014 and they seem to be turning into a surprisingly decent affordable smoke.....quite enjoyable as far as price point.

I recently went through a box of 2007s.  I rarely smoke the same cigar twice in a week but this box only lasted 2 months.  Great toasted tobacco, milk coffee, light chocolate and burnt sugar were the main flavors I got out of them.  Pretty complex with a fairly distinct transition from 1st third to 2nd.  Never had a fresh one but I do have a 2014 I received with a trade and I will report back after I smoke it.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...