Opinions on HU majestics?

hebbe72

I handed out a few last weekend. Overall opinion was that it is a good, solid cigar. No real wow factor, just an enjoyable cigar to while away an hour or so, with nice flavours and a bit a complexity.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 6:08 AM, Derboesekoenig said:

Are these still superior to the regalias? Because I was not a fan of those

Do you remember what the regalias tasted like?  

Upmann profile? Check

Cheap Corona? Check and bonus points

Recent 17-19 production/crop quality? Check

They seem to prefer to be on the drier side. 62% was going out on me if I was not puffing a lot, and the smoke output signaled a wet cigar. I recommend a dry box at 58%. They meet my C&C recommendations if Upmann interests you. I personally prefer the HUHC for the extra "Oomf", but if you want a longer smoke for the price, these will not disappoint.

20190523_084936.jpg.0c6a129b044d489771760b40b51d5fae.jpg

• Like 2

But what is going to replace my dearly departed HUPC once I burn through these last 6 boxes???

I'm hoping they up their game on the Coronas senior to fill this pending empty space.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, earthson said:

But what is going to replace my dearly departed HUPC once I burn through these last 6 boxes???

I'm hoping they up their game on the Coronas senior to fill this pending empty space.

Are the Upmann Coronas majors any good, box worthy???

2 hours ago, Ry27 said:

Are the Upmann Coronas majors any good, box worthy???

Not in my opinion, but I'm still sitting on a stack of HUPC boxes.  The cheaper offerings, much like the various PC found under the RyJ and Partagas marcas are a pale imitation of the premier vitolas available under the same brand.  This isn't to say they're no good, but after having a RyJ Churchill or Partagas Lusitania, there is no comparison to a Romeos no 1 or Partagas Artistocrat.  In contrast, the HUPC, to me, was the best in the marca, even more enjoyable than the Sir Winston, if much, much shorter.

My opinion may change as my stock of PC dwindle and I'm finally forced to find an alternative for the same/similar flavors.  Right now, I would take a Connie 1 or Upmann no 2 as the closest to my preciouses.

• 1 month later...