PL Encantos or 50 cab PLPC?

I've been looking at both of late trying to decide. Often I just wind up shaking my head and buying buying something else altogetherpod.gif This time I want to face the decision and pull the trigger with your help, please resist the "buy both" response.

For those that have experienced both of late, please give your honest opinion: To your taste is the Encantos really THAT much better than the PLPC? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance!

Both! nyah.gif But I went with the PLPC first. The PC size cigar is more to my liking and that is more of a daily smoke for me, so I bought them first. I also got some Encantos later on. That's more of a special smoke to me. Everything I read about them is that they are really starting to come into their own right about now, and I wanted them too.

But another way to look at it is the Encantos aren't always going to be around. Get some while you still have the chance. The PLPC will always be around. (I hope)

To answer your question, No the Encantos is not that much better than the PLPC to my taste. Try to get a couple singles and see what your taste likes maybe before deciding.

-Dan

• Like 2

Both! :nyah: But I went with the PLPC first. The PC size cigar is more to my liking and that is more of a daily smoke for me, so I bought them first. I also got some Encantos later on. That's more of a special smoke to me. Everything I read about them is that they are really starting to come into their own right about now, and I wanted them too.

But another way to look at it is the Encantos aren't always going to be around. Get some while you still have the chance. The PLPC will always be around. (I hope)

To answer your question, No the Encantos is not that much better than the PLPC to my taste. Try to get a couple singles and see what your taste likes maybe before deciding.

-Dan

I agree with Dan.

If you need to decide, then base the decision on your buying priorities.

If you're buying to smoke regularly now, go with the PLPC.

If you want to have a box of something special to dip into occasionally, go with the Encantos.

• Like 1

I don't have a very refined palate. I don't taste the subtle nuances some other do, so I may not be the person to ask.

The Encantos are 4-5 years old now, so they are smoother, very little tannis left in them, similar profile to the PLPC but a bit more refined (my PC's are still fairly fresh: MAY '13) But I love the PC and smoke a lot of them.

The difference in size makes the smoking experience very different to me. I don't think the same about a 1 hr cigar compared to a 1:45 hr cigar. They are in different catagories to me.

• Like 2

The Encantos are 4-5 years old now, so they are smoother, very little tannis left in them, similar profile to the PLPC but a bit more refined

The difference in size makes the smoking experience very different to me. I don't think the same about a 1 hr cigar compared to a 1:45 hr cigar. They are in different catagories to me.

Spot on, on both points. My cab of PLPC is from 2011 and to my taste it's not ready yet. And all things being equal, a dalia will always be smoother and rounder than a mareva.

• Like 1

I have both, and there is no question I would choose the Encantos. There is a limited supply of them, and a dalia is the perfect size for me. I love plpc, but my cab from April 14 won't be ready for another 4 to 5 years.

• Like 1

Short of it is i'm a glorified bean counter and I'm naturally thrifty (CHEAP!lmao.gif ) My meter just keeps flashing that 50 for less $ is better than 25 for moresmartass.gif

Honestly, I love the dalia format AND the PLPC. So, good points made and taken about the Encantos supply dwindling, I waited around and missed that powerhouse RA perfecto that kicked Rob's butt in the video a while back(nyah.gif ). I don't think I want to make the same mistake with the Encantos. Thanks to all for the input...

encantos are niiiiiice.

plpc's, like everyone said, need some time. i don't like them fresh. i always buy a 50 cab and put them away in the back of my cooler where i can't reach it and revisit them in a couple yrs. They're bomb.com with some time.

with that said, PLPC's have a special place in my cooler/heart lol3.gif and i personally prefer the PC format. Yea, it requires a few years of waiting, but i'll have 25 more fantastic sticks.

The PL marca is just something special.

• Like 1

I'm a philistinesneaky.gif I actually like young PLPC, my goal is always to smoke a few early and put the rest back for later. SOMEhow they all ALWAYS come up missing sooner than laterlookaround.giflove.gifrotfl.gif

• Like 1

Profile wise, I'd say that my Encantos are pretty close to my '10 PLPCs. Any difference in flavor or performance I would attribute to size with the PC being sweeter and more intense and the Encantos being smoother. If I were the sort that did reviews and handed out scores they would probably be in the same range. If could buy a cab of '10 PLPCs for the price of the Encantos I'd do that, but that's probably not on the table.

If your the bean counter type, look at the Encantos as a chance to buy aged stock without the mark up that normally comes with it.

• Like 1

I don't like the Encantos at all - and I have tried quite a few of them.

Get the PLPC cab - it's better bang for your buck as well. Don't be fooled by the second band.

• Like 2

Encantos to my palate are super, super mild and equally smooth. A really nice, light smoke for a cigar of that size.

I agree with the previous posts; they are different sticks for different times, and both are very good for what they are.

I don't have a very refined palate. I don't taste the subtle nuances some other do, so I may not be the person to ask.

The Encantos are 4-5 years old now, so they are smoother, very little tannis left in them, similar profile to the PLPC but a bit more refined (my PC's are still fairly fresh: MAY '13) But I love the PC and smoke a lot of them.

My thoughts exactly!

Get the Encantos

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI - the latest batch of PLPC I got a couple of weeks ago are dynamite right now...

U SIR are NOT helping....lookaround.gif Err, what's the box date code on those whisper.gifhungry.giflmao.gif

Encantos to my palate are super, super mild and equally smooth. A really nice, light smoke for a cigar of that size.

I agree with the previous posts; they are different sticks for different times, and both are very good for what they are.

Tough decision...dynamite PLPC or super mild and light. As a philistine, I must say I'm leaning towards the PLPCsneaky.giflmao.gif I got a couple of packages in today though, so I'll take a few days before the itch sets in mull this thing over...probably wind up with the new RA perfectosspotlight.gifparty.gif

Can't remember, and away from home right now. Can check on Saturday, if you can wait that long!

Sure thing, thanks so much!

• Like 1

The Encantos are almost gone...then you know where the price goes

The dalia may be the perfect cigar size.......and 2 PC's = 1 dalia

Encantos!

They are on special every single month - that's how close they are to being gone :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If you want to smoke soon, Encantos. If you can wait and age, PC. I prefer the PC, actually. The Encantos I have were purchased for the "pre-aged" factor.