PL Encantos or 50 cab PLPC?

define "dynamite". If it means "strong" that's exactly how ALL young PLPCs are… not really a scoop…

I mean smoking beautifully from the off. Smooth, honeyed, creamy caramel, with just a hint of spice. So good I had another a few hours later. I know they will get even better with time, but, in comparison with others I've had in the past, these are dynamite really, really good now. wink.png

Just hope I can restrain myself from blasting smoking through the whole cab. biggrin.png

• Like 2

This thread is kind of blowing my mind. All the Encantos I've had were wonderful to say the least. I've not had a PLPC that I've even liked. Maybe I've had bad luck with the PLPC I've had opportunity to smoke, some were aged more than 5 years. Are they really that similar? Wow, maybe I need to order a cab.

Encantos are special and will be gone one day.Much fuller bodied and will age well.Perfect size IMO.

PLPC are great smokes AND will age well.

Get a box of each..........

• Like 1

I've smoked a lot of late '13 PLPC. They clearly have not reached their prime, but for whatever reason are more pleasing than the Encantos. I keep fighting with the Encantos. While very good and supposedly near their peak, there is still something missing. Perhaps I'm expecting perfection because of their age, but something is just not there as of a few months ago. I'm going to let the balance of the box I have nap for a while and revisit. For me, I'd go for a PLPC 50 cab. at his point.

• Like 1

I keep fighting with the Encantos. While very good and supposedly near their peak, there is still something missing.

Something called "class" maybe. To me they are to the PL line what the Partagas de Partagas was to the Partagas line. Decent, good, enjoyable, etc. but not playing in the same league as the 898 or lonsdale…

• Like 2

U SIR are NOT helping....:lookaround: Err, what's the box date code on those :whisper::hungry::lmao:

EML ABR 14 for the PLPC

URG FEB 11 for the Encantos

I might compare them later today!

post-19958-0-38875000-1433065448_thumb.j

*update*

Started with the Encantos. Cut with the punch but it was a bit of a tight draw, so opened up with the Palio cutter. As everyone has said, it's a lovely smoke. Smooth, easy, classy. Elegant is the word I'd use. Between mild and medium to start. Bit of milky coffee, white chocolate. Smooth. Very smooth.

Sweetness died off in the middle third, with more tanniny-tea coming to the fore, very dry on the tongue.

Tannin gave way to more milky chocolate, and a more medium body in the final third. Weird note - there was just the tiniest hint of eucalyptus in there, too. Didn't nub it as it got a bit hot towards the end. Not sure if this is representative, but I think they'd benefit from another couple of years, then will be quite exquisite. Definitely a box to keep.

PLPC was fine with the punch, getting towards a bit of a windsock. In comparison, this was a smoke machine. Started off all hay, and a bit of barnyard. This eased off in the first third and settled into a very mild, creamy second third. Tannins again in the second third, but this time more white pepper than tea, but still with that creamy counterpoint. Body moved more to medium. General note - this is a less complicated, arguably less interesting development than the Encantos, but still a lovely evolution nonetheless. Final third saw a bit of peanut creeping in, along with a bit of dried fruit. Again, got a little heated towards the end.

If I was going to reach for another right now, I'd reach for the Encantos. But...

A 50-cab of PC for the price of a box of Encantos? That's hard to argue with. You can smoke some now and lay down a load for later.

Glad I bought both!

Hopefully this has been some help, but I suspect it's just muddied the waters. Lol

Thanks so much ayeatz, I really appreciate such a complete reply! Big difference in age on the two, but sounds like the p.c. was not that outgunned. No doubt I most likely end up with both...lolol, AFTER the new GEO EX #4pod.gifshead.gifsneaky.gifspotlight.gif

• Like 1

Not impressed with Encantos at all, nothing smooth about them, very little complexity. For being 4 1/2 years old extremely disappointing. I keep hearing how good they are go back and pull one out of the box, and get reminded how disappointing it is. I guess I just don't get what people are raving about with this cigar.

• Like 2

Not impressed with Encantos at all, nothing smooth about them, very little complexity. For being 4 1/2 years old extremely disappointing. I keep hearing how good they are go back and pull one out of the box, and get reminded how disappointing it is. I guess I just don't get what people are raving about with this cigar.

Also PLENTY of construction issues.

Also PLENTY of construction issues.

Damn I've had nothing but good experiences from the URG '11's that El Pres has been selling. Lots of complicated flavors on their way to becoming that famous caramel expectation; but for now more like cooking milk, cream, vanilla and sugar/molasses all on its way to becoming caramel. Very interesting smoke. Amazing that they're 4 years old and still have room to age.

Any of you guys know what the PL blend is that requires such long aging, even for little sticks like a PC?

Well, this is why I started the thread. I know taste is subjective, but bottom line is I don't have the budget to buy "maybe"...maybe I love them, maybe I don't when there is a tried and true alternative. We'll see...curiosity may just get the better of me at some point. Thanks to all for your input!ok.gif

• Like 1

lookaround.giflmao.gif ...From a sheer budgetary standpoint, the lack of any consensus over the Encantos alone makes a good cab of PLPC the no brainerlol3.gif

• Like 3

PLPC hands down. I got boxes of both and if I could I would switch Encantos to PCs. Encantos are way too bland for my taste. Try to get couple of Encantos before buying a box. I didn't, much regret. :D

• Like 1