Primo XL

Overproof

I recently inherited my friends Primo XL BBQ, guru temp control fan, probes, charcoal etc.

I haven't got a finally resting place for her as yet but has anyone built there own table?

The Primo ones are damn exy!

Coming from a weber, I'm pretty excited to cook in a Kamado style cooker and keeping my friends epic BBQ legacy alive.

Any tips or points of reference would be greatly appreciate to.

post-13704-0-99730000-1432770313_thumb.j

I'd love to have that Primo with its dual zone capability.

I think the Eggheads forum is one of the best for general kamado tips, despite it being for Big Green Egg owners. You Primo can do alot more though. Then there are other general Bbq sites.like Amazingribs (my fav) and bbqbretheren. If you're in Australia the aussiebbq.info site is best.

Enjoy the Primo and keep us updated!

Cheers magste. My friend who I inherited this from was on that Aus BBQ forum, his username was boozerock and I'm just coming across some of his BBQ ramblings, so thank you!

• 2 months later...

Put this thing in full swing over the weekend. First I did some ribs on low temp,

some chicken thigh with the two zone for some searing and resting, lastly a roast with both deflector plates on.

These deflector plates really do their job and dropping the grill zone temps by at least 100-150 degrees.

The retention of heat and the moisture of food is something I've never experienced. Kamado cooking rocks!!!!!

Next week I'll give the BBQ guru controller a go at doing a pulled pork for the family and maybe a pizza. hungry.gif

post-13704-0-04147000-1440382430_thumb.j

post-13704-0-27256800-1440382435_thumb.j

• Like 2