fun in a kayak

Ken Gargett

did well just to stay on the kayak ...some other really good ones there as well...the guy bringing that monster to the beach from the pier. Impressive you would need some serious tackle.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big groper or cod that one. I've been watching a show on Foxtel cable TV called Pacific Warriors. It's about kayak fishermen in Hawaii. It's a bit over the top and dramatised but I love the footage and scenery. Makes me want to go back to Hawaii. It was good when our dollar was on par with the US dollar - not so much now. Some of the set ups on the kayaks are incredible. Side pontoons, pedal powered and paddle, one with a small sail and a few with fish finders.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/pacific-warriors/videos/sneak-peek/

• 2 months later...

Looks like a Goliath grouper to me. They are known to run well over 300lbs here in Florida. Recently become protected, but now are over populated. I've had to fight them for lobsters, they eat everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I pick up a Hobie Outback on Thursday for a bit of kayak fishing around Brisbane. We don't get any cod that size, but there are plenty of bull sharks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I jumped a very large tarpon in a kayak last April on Cudjoe Bight. It was sunset, withh a strong wind blowing the outgoing tide. Had I been more prepared (not overeacted) I would have has a nice Nantucket sleigh ride to Cuba.