NBA Finals

Just caught the replay, what a monster game by Iguodala! Potential finals MVP? Just like last years finals where Diaw started instead of Splitter and series turned on it head. Ballsy move by Steve Kerr.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like him or not Lebron James is a beast! I've never been a huge fan of his but he's looking like the MVP of the Finals so far this year. When the NBA Finals began this season I found myself pulling

Fair warning, I am a Kings fan but also lived in San Francisco and Walnut Creek for a while. LeBron has been a beast, but also, how many players can get away with slide tackling a dude to steal the ba

I agree there, however, I think the officiating has been absolutely brutal for both sides. Thursday's game is the deciding game for me in the series. I don't think golden state will be able to come ba

Just caught the replay, what a monster game by Iguodala! Potential finals MVP? Just like last years finals where Diaw started instead of Splitter and series turned on it head. Ballsy move by Steve Kerr.

He had to try something different. Bogut hadn't been effective, and GSW looked good when they went small in game 1. They get so many easier looks when they play small. Iguodala has had the most success guarding Lebron, and they were smart about mixing up their doubles last night when Lebron picked the switches he wanted.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long for Kerr to make the adjustment. Generally playoff series are chess matches, with teams making major adjustments from game to game. I imagine Kerr just wrote off game 2 as a bad shooting night, but when it happened again in game 3, he had to make the move. Now the onus is on Blatt and Cleveland to counter that for game 5. Blatt has done a good job of taking away GSW's strengths, and forcing them out of what they like to do. He's completely neutralized Green on both ends, and did a reasonably good job of making life difficult for Curry and Thompson. If he goes small to counter GSW, they'll have to contend with a much more active and effective Draymond Green.

Should be a fascinating game 5.

• Like 1

Blatt has done a good job of taking away GSW's strengths, and forcing them out of what they like to do. He's completely neutralized Green on both ends, and did a reasonably good job of making life difficult for Curry and Thompson. If he goes small to counter GSW, they'll have to contend with a much more active and effect

Should be a fascinating game 5.

You must be the first person I have heard give credit to Blatt. Many believe the Cavs just injured their way into a good defence.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

How will JR Smith top his entrance on a Segway for game 4?? Levitation? Riding a multicoloured Llama??

• Like 2

You must be the first person I have heard give credit to Blatt. Many believe the Cavs just injured their way into a good defence.

That's partially true. They've definitely replaced Love and Irving with better defenders in Thompson and Dellavedova. But you don't frustrate and contain a team so proficient at scoring as GSW just by putting good defenders on the floor. NBA defensive schemes are fairly complex, especially in the playoffs. I think Blatt deserves some credit.

Well there you have it. I started this thread talking about what a beast Lebron is and early in the 4th quarter in game 5 he already has his second triple double. On top of that he has an under-manned team in position to win the game. I rest my case. Win or lose it will go down in basketball history as one of the greatest individual performances of all time.

DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR THE CAVS...

From NBCSports.com:

AP

The Warriors have taken a 3-2 lead over the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.

What does that mean historically?

The team up 3-2 in a best-of-seven series have won 85% percent of the time (238-41), but that probably understates Golden State’s advantage.

When the team that began the series with home-court advantage is up 3-2, it has won 92% of the time (163-14).

The Warriors have looked better than the Cleveland practically this entire season. That’s why they’re up 3-2. And that’s why they’re even more likely to win the series than an average team up 3-2.

As much as I'm not a big Lebron fan cause he always seems to be whining about something, I feel bad for him here. I think GS has a great team but Lebron got shafted this series with Love and Irving out. There's no telling how this series would have ended up with those two getting minutes. Bummer.

...I feel bad for him here. I think GS has a great team but Lebron got shafted this series with Love and Irving out. There's no telling how this series would have ended up with those two getting minutes. Bummer.

Not so sure about that, re Love. Defense /gritty slow down LeBron iso play is a formula Cleveland was forced into but surprisingly worked in the playoffs and against GSW. Im not so sure they would have done nearly as well having Love play major minutes this series.

And LeBron must take out MVP, win or lose (unless Curry has a monster game 6). Those numbers are incredible.

I agree, Blatt is done in Cleveland.

That would be insane to fire a first-year coach who got to the NBA Finals without two of his All Stars. Of course there's more to it than that, but those factors alone make it next to impossible to fire him. Lebron would have to go to Dan Gilbert and make the case that they can't win a title with this guy. Wouldn't rule it out, but I'd be very surprised if that happens.

As a neutral, I think Blatt has done well enough to at least get another year. He struggled to adjust to the NBA and Lebron, as most rookie NBA coaches would. But he has a great coaching record overseas, and he has gotten better as the season wore on. He may not be the right guy for this team. I'm not sure that's been proven. All comes down to what Lebron wants, though.

I agree, Blatt is done in Cleveland.

Blatt has done pretty well this finals series. He out coached Kerr the first three games, then Kerr stumbled upon something with David Lee at the end of game 3, then made some great adjustments. Blatt on the other hand has nothing else to work with, he doesn't have the luxury of the deep 11 players rotation the Warriors have. Blatt had done as much as he could with how little he had to work with.

I think there's a very good chance Blatt is done too. Trying to call a time out in the Bulls series when he didn't have one and then drawing up that play for Lebron to inbound with a second left was unforgivable. Had Lebron not bailed him out with that game winner the media would have crucified him.

I think the Cavs have made it this far in spite of Blatt, not because of him.

I think there's a very good chance Blatt is done too. Trying to call a time out in the Bulls series when he didn't have one and then drawing up that play for Lebron to inbound with a second left was unforgivable. Had Lebron not bailed him out with that game winner the media would have crucified him.

I think the Cavs have made it this far in spite of Blatt, not because of him

And on top of all the points you made, Blatt does not have any control of the team.