New host of "Top Gear"

Fosgate

Really can't see this new Top Gear lasting, there's too many hosts and it's lost its general charm! I think they'll get 2 or 3 years out of it until it runs its course, but we'll see....

Much more excited for the Amazon Prime series!

Have no idea but it simply won't work because it won't be the same.

I think half the magic of the original Top Gear were the original three presenters. Their cander, humour, rivalry between each other, hilarity and made you feel like you were hanging out with a bunch of friends.

The new group is exactly that, a huge group of people who will present this show like a morning breakfast news show. It simply will not work. I know it's too early to judge but I'm guessing it won't get a second season.

They were never the original presenters top gear was running for years before they joined and I would never want a friend like Clarkson nasty piece of work that he is

• Like 1

Top Gear has been replicated in most regions around the world with little success

The Aussie version copied the format almost to the letter but went through 5 different host combinations before being put down

The US version started off ok (for disposable TV) but only managed to hang on for a second season by repeating all the "road trips" and "challengers" from the UK version on a weekly basis without actually reviewing cars

I think the show will be trying to get back to its "motoring review show" roots with this new season, but after so many years of being anything but that, and a legion of fans who tune in only to see the antics of the hosts, I know this version wont rate anywhere near as well as the previous version did.

At least all of Top Gear is on Aussie Netflicks and the new Amazon Prime show will be on Stan in Aus, so I'll still be able to get my Clarkson fix

• Like 1