I've got money for a Lighter and its burning a hole in my pocket

I've got $120us to spend on a new cigar lighter after a friend of mine killed one of my Siglos and has offered to reimburse me for it.

I was looking at replacing my old Black Label Dictator Flat Flame, but as my old one died after 2.5 years of use I'm a little hesitant of them

I was curious what the members here would recommend

Provisions:

Must be a double jet or better (I have a ton of single jets already)

Can be a soft flame

Can cost up to $120us (its not my money and I wont get change if I spend under this amount)

Must be pocket friendly (no table lighters, please)

Post pics if you can

Thanks all

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I'm looking for a nice lighter as well. My lowly Ronson has served me well for the past couple years but I'm a fan of quality tools. Looks like a Dupont Maxijet can be had for about $145 USD on Amazon. That's for shipping in the states, though.

EDIT: Looks like a poster below has a lot better price on a Maxijet.

I've tried a number of lighters and decided that for "bang for the buck" the Jetline brand is "good enough". They'll never be up to Dupont type standards, but I can toss them and net feel bad about it, not to mention having more money in my cigar fund! I have the zippo insert, along with the New York and Super Torch. They work like they're supposed to, and when they stop working you can get another (at $10 each, you don't need to feel bad about buying another).

PB...in this case, I would think you would go for the 'higher quality' and more expensive option in a lighter, I know I would. Having said this, I love my Regal quad-jet lighter which I picked up for $AU25 from a local tobacconist last year. If it broke, I'd want another straight away!

"Must be a double jet or better" and "Can be a soft flame" are a bit contradictory, no?

Can't recommend a double jet or better, since single jet is more than enough for me (X-Tend).

Soft flame, get a used Dunhill Rollagas on Ebay and be happy. If you don't mind doing the homework, you can also get used Ligne 1 in decent condition for your budget.

• Like 1

Not my business, but what happened to the lighter?looking.gif

Gravity

I let a friend light his cigar using it and when he was done he left it on the hand rail of balcony. He then knocked it off the rail by accident as we all watched my lighter plummet 30 story's

Wasn't much left of it after that

"Must be a double jet or better" and "Can be a soft flame" are a bit contradictory, no?

Can't recommend a double jet or better, since single jet is more than enough for me (X-Tend).

Soft flame, get a used Dunhill Rollagas on Ebay and be happy. If you don't mind doing the homework, you can also get used Ligne 1 in decent condition for your budget.

I'm looking for some variety as I find some of my single jet lighters struggle to toast some 55+rg sticks

I have a number of Ligne 2's I've purchased and rebuilt from ebay. I'll look into the Dunhills

PB...in this case, I would think you would go for the 'higher quality' and more expensive option in a lighter, I know I would. Having said this, I love my Regal quad-jet lighter which I picked up for $AU25 from a local tobacconist last year. If it broke, I'd want another straight away!

John, is this the lighter with a punch in the bottom? Please DM me a link, my last one was confiscated at the domestic terminal and I didn't have time to post it back home. It was rock solid!

I'm looking for some variety as I find some of my single jet lighters struggle to toast some 55+rg sticks

I have a number of Ligne 2's I've purchased and rebuilt from ebay. I'll look into the Dunhills

A creme brulee torch should do the trick for 55+rg cigars. Not kidding.

• Like 1

I'm sure you've got heaps of lighters just like all of us do. Just tell your mate to let it go. If he insists on spending some money tell him to get you a 5 pack of something PSP from Rob.

• Like 1

John, is this the lighter with a punch in the bottom? Please DM me a link, my last one was confiscated at the domestic terminal and I didn't have time to post it back home. It was rock solid!

Yes that is the one, the T114-2 model. PM sent.

For 130 you can get a IM double corona. It's a double soft flame uses the same internals as dupont for much less money. I personally belive this is the best lighter bar none.

it's easy - IM Corona Double Corona

Agree wholeheartedly with the IM Corona Double Corona. I always bust it out when I'm trying to class it up a bit, and it works like a dream.

post-21153-143576826512.jpg

The IM Double Corona or even the Xikar EX/EXII. The Xikar is a combo single jet torch and soft flame lighter, making it a "windproof" soft flame. I've lit many a cigar with the Xikar at my local shop and really like it.