Favorite Steak House

JohnnyCigar

On March 31, 2016 at 3:20 PM, RijkdeGooier said:

My place ?

Whole fillet, marinated for 5 days and then grilled on my gas BBQ.

Gotta admit, my house was my response too.. I wasted to many $'s on pricey steaks only to be completely underwhelmed.

There's an amazing documentary on steak on Netflix titled Steak Revolution. Highly recommended! Makes me think Americans haven't really tasted good steak yet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My House ! Get a custom cut ribeye 1 1/2 " to 2" thick use my special seasoning and call it a day no steak house can touch it !

For many years Peter Luger was by far the only place to get a great steak. And it still is IMHO. Still #1 Steakhouse in the U.S. Wolfgangs, started by the former long time headwaiter is second plac

Peter Lugers for sure. And theres a new Davidoff Cigar lounge on the next block now. Mark Joseph Steakhouse is a close second.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 4:37 PM, JamesNYC said:

For many years Peter Luger was by far the only place to get a great steak.

And it still is IMHO. Still #1 Steakhouse in the U.S.

The best steak house I have been as well and my first time was a 4 months ago!  Can't wait to go back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 1:31 PM, mosesbotbol said:

The best steak house I have been as well and my first time was a 4 months ago!  Can't wait to go back.

Most def want to try Peter Lugers at some point!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethernut said:

Most def want to try Peter Lugers at some point!

Haven't eaten at Peter Luger's before, but there's always a bottle of their sauce in my household. Great stuff. Not cheap though. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland Texas.  Chef Killen is a Cordon Bleu graduate and was a runner up to be the executive chef at the White House for George W. Bush.  In addition he also owns Killen's BBQ and Killen's Burgers in Pearland all are top shelf.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We bought half of a Vermont grass fed steer recently, stashed in our mafia size freezer in the basement.  That is going to be our go to for beef for year plus I expect.  I believe it's around 300 lb's of beef; all cut into mostly bone-in and two person size cuts.  Everything is like 2.5 lb cuts...

So, the new steakhouse is my house, lol...

• Like 1

We bought half of a Vermont grass fed steer recently, stashed in our mafia size freezer in the basement.  That is going to be our go to for beef for year plus I expect.  I believe it's around 300 lb's of beef; all cut into mostly bone-in and two person size cuts.  Everything is like 2.5 lb cuts...

So, the new steakhouse is my house, lol...

Reservation for two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best steak I ever had was a thick cut rib eye cooked over hot mesquite gathered at the deer lease. Let the fire burn down until the coals were glowing hot, cooked hot and fast, pulled Nd rested. Now my mouth is watering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

My experiences with Ruth’s Chris has not been great, but I’m not a fan of big chains. 

Some faves:

1. Bob’s Steak and Chop House and Del Frisco- Dallas

2. Truluck’s- Miami

3. Gene and Georgetti’s- Chicago

4. The Metropolitan Steak House- Seattle 

5. Gallagher’s- NYC 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, bdw1984 said:

Another vote for Luger's here.  It's unreal.  Runner up would be Kraft Steak in the MGM.  A5 sampler, monkey bread.

I'm sure I have way less experience with steakhouses than most people here, but I'm glad someone mentioned Craftsteak. I won $700 playing craps at MGM and had one hell of a birthday dinner there the next night. Maybe it was the whole experience, but to this day it is the best steak I've ever had. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In no particular order. 

- Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach (Others around obviously)

- Kirby's Steakhouse - The Woodlands, TX (Awesome little indoor smoking lounge/bar with full food service attached to the main indoor bar area)

- Meat Market - Palm Beach 

- Peter Luger Steakhouse

• 5 months later...
On 9/8/2015 at 2:43 AM, Bill Hayes said:

La Brigada in San Telmo, Buenos Aires has been my overall favourite steakhouse experience.

I second this, but tied with it would be Cabaña Las Lilas in Puerto Madero, killer steaks, and the overall experience outside on the deck overlooking the port is fantastic.

NY steakhouses are nearly always good, but honestly never great.  The meat is good, but there’s something missing.  I much prefer to use natural lump charcoal in my fire pit and cook a steak there.  Even a cheap cut tastes great after that treatment, and if I get a good prime steak, oof!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

My new Fav. Legends Steakhouse, Deadwood SD. Giant cuts of aged Black Angus bone in beef the bottom level of the haunted Franklin Hotel. 

getlstd_property_photo - Picture of Deadwood Legends Steakhouse at The  Franklin Hotel - Tripadvisor

Legends Steakhouse | Travel South Dakota

Legends Steakhouse - 2 tips from 121 visitors

• Like 2