Cigar Number 4 2015 FOH International Blind Tasting.

Welcome to Cigar Number Four of the 2015 International Blind tasting Competition. party.gif.

1. You have until July the 31st to submit your guess for Cigar Number four

2. When you have your answer, please e-mail it to Lisa ([email protected]). This must be done by July 31st. You can e-mail Lisa your nominations for cigars 1-5 at any time. However once nominated, your answers cannot be changed. Take your time lol3.gif
  3. I will have a spreadsheet of the answers up the following week.

4. I encourage you to post a review here of Cigar Number Four..but do not disclose your answer. It is always great to read the reviews after the cigar has been disclosed.

Good Luck!spotlight.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, no reviews yet? Slow going on this one guys......

Ok guys and gals! I smoked this one and really enjoyed it! I didn't write an extensive review, but below are my tasting notes in order of what I tasted. I put it around 91 points and so far my favorite of the blind cigars, though I have no idea what it is.

Woodiness (oak to mesquite)

Black drip coffee

Slight salty tang

Perfect draw and burn

Some hints of stewed fruits
Bready notes on occasion

Muted spices
Herbal notes towards the nub

Very complex

Geez, I smoked this one 3 weeks ago so I wouldn't be late with my review and guess and sure enough forgot all about it!

From memory, a nice medium bodied smoke. Nothing sticks in my mind as far as evolution or strong, predominant flavors but overall a pleasant smoke. I don't believe this is in my regular rotation.

I'd give it, whatever it is, a solid 88.

Anyone have details on the specifics e.g. vitola at least ? I'm doing a blind blind based on the reviews so hope to see at least a couple.

Thanks Guys!

Where's Brad by the way?

Just fired this one up a smoked it to a nub. Nice dark wrapper with slight veins and a perfect draw. Peppery in the beginning but black coffee, leather, and a woodiness dominated with an underlying sweetness; sometimes cocoa, sometimes honey. Wouldn't mind having a box of these.

Anyone have details on the specifics e.g. vitola at least ? I'm doing a blind blind based on the reviews so hope to see at least a couple.

Thanks Guys!

Where's Brad by the way?

Smoking mine tonight finally, Mike :) I'll try to post some detailed notes

Ah, you might be right! I just did a quick comparison to some of my other cigars and it was closest to a Robusto.

Now I'm 110% sure of getting it wrong!

That means I have an 80% chance of getting it wrong...

Really screwing with me this one. Also can't tell if I'd call mine Hermoso#4 or Robusto. Comparison with the collection not shining much light on the situation.

Fantastic cigar though. Pretty rich and strong but smooth, fruity, honeyed. Quite some vanilla. Black coffee. Really good and would be delighted to have more.

No idea on the guess : )

Even though I had no idea on this one (and will probably get it wrong), I'm glad that the flavors I got were consistently found by other members!

I'm pretty certain it's a Hermoso #4. The No.2 was a robusto, and I compared the two when the package arrived, this one is most definitely a Hermoso #4.

Just smoked mine today, overall a very smooth and enjoyable cigar, but didn't get much evolution in terms of flavor. I narrowed it down to 2 choices and would be pretty psyched if either one is correct.

Finally got this one smoked!

Enjoyed it very much! Got a pretty good idea but need to smoke a couple more before 31st.

Something quite familiar at cold, some soft, slightly sweet baking spice. No noticeable box press.

First light is loaded with flavor, lots of smoke, little stewed fruit and just nice toasted tobacco.

Mellowed a bit at midway, long finish, hints of dry toast, hints of cinnamon. Exceptional burn!

Finishes very nice, more baking spice, sweet leather on the nose.

I'd definitely look for a box if it's not the one I'm thinking it is, 94/100.

post-20030-0-15255700-1438175093_thumb.j

post-20030-0-70036200-1438175145_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks Guys!

Where's Brad by the way?

Have you come up with your blind blind guess yet, Mike :)