Bermuda Fishing

Geo17pip

Headed to the island in a week and figured id ask you guys if you have experience fishing there. Do you have any tips on where to go and what gear to use? I might bring my own spinning rod or fly rod or might just rent a rod from the local shops. Any info would be helpful. I looked online and there is just a lot of adds for charters and the common info we all know. Any secrets or tips would be great! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up fishing with a hand line off the rocks right by the hotel beach. I used a spool of line and with some squid and caught a couple beautiful fish. Also had a small barracuda break my line. 0cbca5c6c817e7d00cc1fa60b42baffd.jpg54e679d6fb4ad0c34fde2b6b2b75bbb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like a species of what we would consider parrot fish.

Yes sir, however the top pic I believe is a wrasse. I will have to invest in a rod I can break down small enough to fit on carryon next time for future trips.

Yes sir, however the top pic I believe is a wrasse. I will have to invest in a rod I can break down small enough to fit on carryon next time for future trips.

yes - i think that they consider parrot fish a sub species of wrasse. or closely related. or a bit similar. that mouth is a bit of a clue - i know they feed by scraping coral and you need serious teeth for that.

for a carry-on rod, get on to some of the top fish mags or a really good tackle store. there are some amazing rods now that break down. if you have trouble, let me know. i'll put you in touch with a bloke who has a fishing mag and just travels the world so needs the very best gear he can get and often, on tiny planes, it has to be able to break down to almost nothing.

• Like 1