If you could start this hobby/passion again....what would you do differently?

if your budget allows, invest more in a certian box code that you enjoy. I regret not going deeper on cigars that I've really enjoyed. Buy an extra box or two would be my advice if funds allow. Also, don't always buy into the hype of RE and LE, but once in a while it does make sense to go deep.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Samplers or Box Splits: To this day I still will buy an untasted box just because of someone else's review or it's rarity. But I've found that the box split cigars are the BEST way to go since I don

it's seldom the cigar in the hand. Its often the people you are with. A cigar is but a cigar... brilliant sometimes, good most times, average to poor on occasion. It doesn't matter. if you are fortuna

I would learn to speak spanish.

Don't buy any NCs. Buy tons of the hyped RE (Monte sublimes, Cohiba 1966,...) to resale to the suckers.

If you have Monte Sublimes and Cohiba 1966 LE's, then I'm happy to be a 'sucker'. What's more, I know I wouldn't be the only one! lmao.gif

I would have bought more boxes from the time when I started and let them rest and not think that smoking Cuban is expensive:-)

If I could have kept my wife away from the slot machines I could have bought many more cigars....but then she'd have the right to complain about how much I've spent on them, so that's a wash.

Seriously, I would have searched for reliable sources for CC's years earlier and not wasted so much time and money on NC's that I've wound up giving away or are taking up space in my humidors.

There wouldn't be too much that I'd change, as I'm pretty happy with the path I've taken. The only things that come to mind would be:

1. Not worry about a fancy humidor. I'm more than happy with the cost and performance of my "coolidor"

2. Not buy blind, ever, no matter the cost savings.

Dont buy randomly from random vendors blind. Sample samplers and only buy hq and psp box from FOH. Bought a few boxes of donkey **** wrapped in banana leaf from the guy whos brother "worked at the cohiba factory" 7 years ago on my first holy pilgrimage.

If you have Monte Sublimes and Cohiba 1966 LE's, then I'm happy to be a 'sucker'. What's more, I know I wouldn't be the only one! lmao.gif

I sold all of mine at a tidy profit already.

• Like 1

Just wondering about selling in Australia. I assume selling is done privately discreetely, as I don't know where the law stands on selling second hand sticks as in on gumtree/ebay/facebook???

Just wondering about selling in Australia. I assume selling is done privately discreetely, as I don't know where the law stands on selling second hand sticks as in on gumtree/ebay/facebook???

There are places/groups on Facebook where you can trade cigars with others. I don't think you could do it on eBay or gumtree.

Q) If you could start this hobby/passion again....what would you do differently?

A) I'd tell myself to get a grip of myself because the cigar storage solution I started off with is not going to be anywhere near enough! Thank FoH for OHS! spotlight.gif

There are places/groups on Facebook where you can trade cigars with others. I don't think you could do it on eBay or gumtree.

Thanks. Selling I'd guess is illegal, but trading seems legit. Just wondering regarding the law.

Not very much I would do differently. I had a great mentor, Tampa1257, and I was connected with the FOH Board early on.

Only change I would make is not spending so much on CigarBid and other sites trying to give non Cubans a fair shot. To be honest, 90% of the Habanos I smoke are outstanding and 90% of the non Cubans I smoke suck. I had to give away a lot of non Cuban cigars once I learned to trust my palate.

That said, I do enjoy some non Cuban cigars, especially some of the Padron, Fuente, and Oliva cigars. But in general, I would have been better off to buy even more Habanos.