What's your latest NC purchase?

Pulled the trigger on a bundle of La Colmena Black Honey. I've only had 1 so far and thought it was great. Gonna try more to see if what I tasted will remain consistent as I sample more of them. Fingers crossed they do cause these are kinda pricey for the size you get...

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

8 hours ago, Wushy said:

Pulled the trigger on a bundle of La Colmena Black Honey. I've only had 1 so far and thought it was great. Gonna try more to see if what I tasted will remain consistent as I sample more of them. Fingers crossed they do cause these are kinda pricey for the size you get...

I just ordered a fiver....you piqued my interest. First NC’s I’ve purchased in over a year. Positive reviews aside, I just really like the name. Sounds like something you’d get from your friendly neighborhood drug dealer in the 70’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fiver of Illusione Haut 10. 
20180208_184220.thumb.jpg.69324feb44d41d8fa0cad2cf7b8d7e11.jpg
Let us know how these are. I've been wanting to try one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, HoyoFan said:

Where from??

Don't know which you're referring to in "where from"? 

Me in IL 75 miles West of Chicago.  The Fuente's I bought were from another another cigar site.

Just ordered a couple boxes of Butera Mira Bellas today.

Don't know which you're referring to in "where from"? 

Me in IL 75 miles West of Chicago.  The Fuente's I bought were from another another cigar site.

Just ordered a couple boxes of Butera Mira Bellas today.

Sorry I meant where did you get the aged Fuentes from.

1 hour ago, Danimalia said:

Couple of boxes of Fuente. Rosado Sungrown Magnum R 52 and Don Carlos Belicoso. I'm in love with the Rosado Sungrowns. I don't really have one favorite cigar, but if I could only smoke one cigar for the rest of my life, and I had to smoke every day, the Rosado SG might be my choice.

fuentes.thumb.jpg.2afc28f8b92d4c8289df58373c6bc1ec.jpg

How would you compare the Rosados to the likes of Hemingway or Anejo?

25 minutes ago, HoyoFan said:

How would you compare the Rosados to the likes of Hemingway or Anejo?

I think it's more flavorful than both of those. Similar in terms of body in the sense that they're a pretty classic medium, but maybe a shade under. I guess the Anejo might be a bit on the other side of medium, but it's a completely different cigar with its Broadleaf maduro wrapper. I'm probably not the best person to ask about the Anejos, because I fnd them pleasant enough, but nothing amazing. Some similarity to the Hemingway in the sense that the Rosados are also woody and a bit nutty, but the Rosados really have that sort of tangy and leathery sweetness that I like from good Sumatra seed wrappers. If you've had the Hemingway sungrowns, or the other Fuente Sungrowns like the Chateau, the Rosado Sungrowns use a lower priming, and the wrappers are aged long-term, so there is more complexity, and a bit of a brighter flavor profile.

They're supposed to be a B&M exclusive, but many of the online retailers carry them. You just have to call and order them over the phone. Very reasonably priced for what you're getting.

• Like 3

I think it's more flavorful than both of those. Similar in terms of body in the sense that they're a pretty classic medium, but maybe a shade under. I guess the Anejo might be a bit on the other side of medium, but it's a completely different cigar with its Broadleaf maduro wrapper. I'm probably not the best person to ask about the Anejos, because I fnd them pleasant enough, but nothing amazing. Some similarity to the Hemingway in the sense that the Rosados are also woody and a bit nutty, but the Rosados really have that sort of tangy and leathery sweetness that I like from good Sumatra seed wrappers. If you've had the Hemingway sungrowns, or the other Fuente Sungrowns like the Chateau, the Rosado Sungrowns use a lower priming, and the wrappers are aged long-term, so there is more complexity, and a bit of a brighter flavor profile.
They're supposed to be a B&M exclusive, but many of the online retailers carry them. You just have to call and order them over the phone. Very reasonably priced for what you're getting.

That’s a great description thanks! Sounds like I need to try one

In Palm Springs CA. We keep finding more cigar B&M’s. Nicer and nicer each one. The one today had some sticks I have not purchased in about 8-10 years? Before we joined here and moved to Cuban only.

Looking forward to this trip back down memory lane (I hope).

CB

0373AC7F-0F1D-4070-9653-9FF26683F35D.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cubadust said:

One of these days I really have to try out a couple of NCs. It’s a whole new territory for me though, so I’m pretty clueless what to get.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It’s definitely more of a crapshoot than with CC’s, IMHO....there’s a much wider ranging taste spectrum that are more extreme on both ends. The stuff members post here isn’t a bad place to start.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

What the heck is this? It is great. In Palm Springs, our last night.

CB

53252769-38C9-47F5-9C0F-31F8FA704AB2.jpeg

That is the distinctive band of a regular production Don Carlos, one of the few AF blends I find appealing these days. A bit sweet, a bit creamy...

• Like 4