dangolf18

What's your latest NC purchase?

They are called "DEST" Don't Ever Smoke Them!

Isabela Shape Shifter.  Phenomenal smoke at just $9/stick.  Limited release due to rare tobaccos.  Aged 2.5 years prior to release, I believe to allow the ligeros to calm down.  Their previous limited release, Stardust, was phenomenal as well.  Deep, immensely complex, while not overpowering.  Worth keeping tabs on their latest release and at least picking up a fiver.  Johnny Piette is a genius and has not yet hit his blending mastery.  So far the only NC's I like.

Hemingway Best Seller Maduro and 858 Rosado.  The Hemingway maduros do not conform to my typical preference for sub 44 RG cigars (these and the Work of Art are my favorites).  I'm not a Maduro fan by a long shot, but after some aging (3-5 yrs+), I'd put them up against most reg production Havanas.  Simply dynamic cigars!

The 858 Rosados were a freak score around Xmas time.  After missing out upon release last fall, all I could find were way over MSRP on some of the shadier vendor sites as well as secondary market, so I passed.  I saw this box sitting on an auction site with no one paying significant attention to it. $160 later and I've got a unicorn box to age for years (thinking they may be the special occasion smoke for my wife's birthdays).

I'm still 90% Havana through and through, but I have to hand it to Fuente.  Many of their cigars give me the same level of satisfaction while carrying the same aging potential.  Always nice for a change of pace!

IMG_20190119_105103487.jpg

• Like 3

I’m on another forum and some of the guys there roll their own. Asked for a few from a particular member and got some to try. Can’t wait. Expertly rolled for sure.

ED48B0D2-77BC-4ED1-A485-2301DE4FF0B0.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m on another forum and some of the guys there roll their own. Asked for a few from a particular member and got some to try. Can’t wait. Expertly rolled for sure.
ED48B0D2-77BC-4ED1-A485-2301DE4FF0B0.thumb.jpeg.a1770ad325dcc8cb310996f86e817be0.jpeg

Very nice. They look to be well constructed. I’d love to hear how they smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk