What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

Isabela Shape Shifter.  Phenomenal smoke at just $9/stick.  Limited release due to rare tobaccos.  Aged 2.5 years prior to release, I believe to allow the ligeros to calm down.  Their previous limited release, Stardust, was phenomenal as well.  Deep, immensely complex, while not overpowering.  Worth keeping tabs on their latest release and at least picking up a fiver.  Johnny Piette is a genius and has not yet hit his blending mastery.  So far the only NC's I like.

Hemingway Best Seller Maduro and 858 Rosado.  The Hemingway maduros do not conform to my typical preference for sub 44 RG cigars (these and the Work of Art are my favorites).  I'm not a Maduro fan by a long shot, but after some aging (3-5 yrs+), I'd put them up against most reg production Havanas.  Simply dynamic cigars!

The 858 Rosados were a freak score around Xmas time.  After missing out upon release last fall, all I could find were way over MSRP on some of the shadier vendor sites as well as secondary market, so I passed.  I saw this box sitting on an auction site with no one paying significant attention to it. $160 later and I've got a unicorn box to age for years (thinking they may be the special occasion smoke for my wife's birthdays).

I'm still 90% Havana through and through, but I have to hand it to Fuente.  Many of their cigars give me the same level of satisfaction while carrying the same aging potential.  Always nice for a change of pace!

IMG_20190119_105103487.jpg

• Like 2

I’m on another forum and some of the guys there roll their own. Asked for a few from a particular member and got some to try. Can’t wait. Expertly rolled for sure.
ED48B0D2-77BC-4ED1-A485-2301DE4FF0B0.thumb.jpeg.a1770ad325dcc8cb310996f86e817be0.jpeg

Very nice. They look to be well constructed. I’d love to hear how they smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Nekhyludov

Just picked up another box of Casdagli Daughters of the Wind Robustos. For anyone who loves the old QdO blend, I highly recommend giving these a try.

IMG_20190721_174857.thumb.jpg.97e1f79a449c6ab89bb848f8da0d9273.jpg

On 7/21/2019 at 10:41 PM, Nekhyludov said:

Just picked up another box of Casdagli Daughters of the Wind Robustos. For anyone who loves the old QdO blend, I highly recommend giving these a try.

IMG_20190721_174857.thumb.jpg.97e1f79a449c6ab89bb848f8da0d9273.jpg

I've been rather looking forward to these coming out as Lanceros.

• Like 1

Got a box of the tainos broadleaf. Love them. I want a box of the la verite 2013 but they are pricey 

Stick with the tatuaje SW (not the broadleaf), an excellent cigar or the la verite 2013. Better value and cigar if you ask me. The 13s just weren’t as good as the 08,09 la verite. Now if you can find the 09 churchill do it! Good luck if you find the 08s. Fragile wrappers on them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recently got a box of tatuaje reserva sw, probably my favorite non-cuban:
DBAE2F02-5289-4D52-B454-007819A968BE.thumb.jpeg.87b7b9113e07a9af16623bd35709d9bd.jpeg
-dobbs

A great cigar! I am will to bet many FoH members would really enjoy this cigar. Take the band off and let them know it’s a Reynaldo custom roll and boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

A great cigar! I am will to bet many FoH members would really enjoy this cigar.

the henry clay brevas ala conserva is the (highly underrated) cigar that got me started, but the reserva sw is what turned an occasional smoke into a minor obsession.

-dobbs

• 1 month later...

A co-worker was in Vegas recently, picked up these YOLO sticks for me from Casa Fuente. Love Affair, Sinful X, God of Fire Don Carlos.

Aside from being sinfully expensive, I’ve found very little information on what exactly the Sinful X is. An aged Perfexcion X perhaps? Or maybe I’m just another sucker and it’s nothing more than a normal Perfection X given a fancy Vegas name and sold for twice the price.

IMG_0038.thumb.jpg.d09ec354e92b61a838bd22b7ace1c8c3.jpg

• Like 1

Been on a Salomones quest lately, thought these would complete the trifecta of Cuabas I recently received, and the Partis that are in the air. These came with a couple of intriguing bonus sticks as well. 

FD4928EE-E6F6-4C01-BEEB-DCBA3D38850E.thumb.jpeg.54241d2562206766e134c615cd29bd94.jpeg

• Like 2

Just had my first Arturo Fuente Anejo. From description, it's basically an Opus X with a maduro wrapper. My God. Changed my world. Top 5 best cigar I've ever had. Absolute flavor explosion, flawless construction, gorgeous presentation. It was the equivalent of a great steak and lobster meal. I felt full after I smoked it. Just delicious. I've guessed horribly wrong in buying a box without ever trying one first, but with the Anejo, I guessed incredibly well. Great, great cigar. 

• Like 2