What's your latest NC purchase?

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

From what I heard, same blend, different Vitola. Both great sticks imo. I do prefer the DCPR robo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they're anything close to being the same blend.  For me the EoTS is more like the usual Don Carlos blend.  The PR seems to use far better tobacco, for my tastes.  I found the EoTS to be a novelty, and the PR to be a truly memorable cigar.  Other than the release dates and the black bands, I don't think they have much in common at all.  But that's just speculation having smoked them both, and not based on anything concrete the Fuentes have said about the two.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

I don't think they're anything close to being the same blend.  For me the EoTS is more like the usual Don Carlos blend.  The PR seems to use far better tobacco, for my tastes.  I found the EoTS to be a novelty, and the PR to be a truly memorable cigar.  Other than the release dates and the black bands, I don't think they have much in common at all.  But that's just speculation having smoked them both, and not based on anything concrete the Fuentes have said about the two.

Just read on halfwheel, the EOTS is a modified blend of the senior blend.
I do too find them to be quite different. And much prefer the personal reserve robusto.

Just purchased on the secondary market a lot of opus of various sizes and shapes and some nicely aged Cubans.

• Like 4

On 11/3/2017 at 3:15 PM, fastkiller13 said:

My latest purchase is Illusione ECCJ 20th Robusto, they're arriving tomorrow. In the mean time the best NC I have smoked is the La Mission 1959 by L'atelier. It was full of great flavors, anise, leather, spice, cream.... IMG_0044.thumb.JPG.ea405917d670f3123baa34ce379dc70d.JPG

Hell yeah. I love La Mission. They're so much better than most of the other Mexican-wrapped cigars I've had the past few years. They're strong, but sophisticated. I have a box of the 1989 vitola (same size as the BHK 54) in my cooler right now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danimalia said:

Still an unashamed fan of Nicaraguan cigars. I don't have a pic, but I got a GREAT deal on some Oliva Cain F 550s. I slept on Cain for years because "All Ligero" didn't appeal to me, nor did the packaging. I was mistaken. They're quite good. I should have known. Oliva always delivers.

Today, the mailman dropped off a box of these I got in an auction. AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes Toros. I had a couple at the local B&M, and in addition to being some of the best looking cigars I've ever seen, I thought they were delicious. 

bellas1.jpg

bellas2.jpg

Unashamed indeed, and rightly so...we all have different taste and like what we like.  Smoke what you want and enjoy!  Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nekhyludov
On 11/5/2017 at 4:14 PM, PadronFan said:

Curious to hear what you thought!

Just a few quick notes:

These are great looking cigars, and obviously well-rolled. There's a really unusual heft to them in the hand, owing to the flared shape toward the foot. The wrapper is delicate and splits easily, but the solid construction overcomes it.

Right from the start, there's a powerful, heavy coffee bean bean flavor. The aroma is straightforward char and black pepper. The first third is pretty one-dimensional. Full-bodied and a little rough.

The second third really begins to sing. The coffee bean flavor rounds out some bitter cocoa and raw leather notes emerge. There's a sugar sweetness to the finish. The aroma doesn't evolve.

20171126_163738.thumb.jpg.ff4c38981d7b304eef36a35e2dbfc06a.jpg

The final third becomes a little one-dimensional again. The sweetness evolves into a BBQ kind of flavor, and the leather and cocoa disappear. It remains fairly well-balanced, but a little uninspired toward the end. 

All in all, I find that it has elements of the Caldwell Last Tsar (leather, cocoa) and Viaje Friends and Family (heavy BBQ sweetness), without necessarily being better than either of those. I'm glad I tried it, but I won't be hunting down any more. 

Couldn't resist the great deal. Picked up a box of these beauties. 
image.thumb.jpg.789320b3d8ddf9686cfb98bbc6384d87.jpg
I have a 2009 that I think needs to see fire soon. Saw some of those today and regret not getting at least one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, havanaclub said:

The le verite are always amazing. The 09 Churchill probably in my top 3 cigars ever. The 13 is smoking well. Enjoy

I smoked one and it was really great!  Creamy, light roasted coffee, and little honey sweet.  Now i regret I didn't pick up more when it was 50% off MSRP....

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:04 PM, havanaclub said:

Where are the pics man??

Can't get my phone to upload pics. 

• Haha 1

Padron 1964 Natural Exclusivo.  One of my favorites and always has great construction. 

• Like 1