What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

Yesterday was a good day. My local shop called me yesterday to inform me that they just received a shipment of these sticks. So I went over and grabbed 2 boxes since they are hard to come by. I also received my Colibri slide lighter back from warranty or I should say a replacement. Last week it stopped sliding so I sent it to them under warranty and they sent me a new one right away. 

kJtoHCLl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SBC had a sale on Ligas over the weekend so stocked up on No. 9 toros and picked up some Papas Fritas to try out for quick smokes. 
20180409_160844.thumb.jpg.bc10ddc654f89a1b48e59ba86f05aa11.jpg

Those are the lightest liga no9 wrappers I have seen compared to OR and ones pre swisher. I have some that are almost black and look dyed . Good smoke however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Is that the recently released offering from Warped? Have you been able to try one and if so what are your thoughts? 
Thanks.
-Shake

Yes they are, but I prob won’t get to smoke one for a couple of weeks - I’ve heard from a few that they have smoked well and have great flavors so far, but may need a bit of down time
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Davidoff Eminentes and Notables. There’s a very good chance that this is the last run of them and like CC’s they need quite a bit of down time to really blossom.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 6:03 AM, shaffer22 said:

That’s the case with most NCs. Let them acclimatize to your humidor a bit. But after that, smoke them! Some get better with 1-2 years, but most are optimized for smoking right away.  

Any suggestions what NC:s can be stored in a humidor many years without them getting worse? 

I come to Florida at december so I might buy some NC cigars as a christmas present for myself :)

Edited by Homer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Homer said:

Any suggestions what NC:s can be stored in a humidor many years without them getting worse? 

La Flor Dominicana Cabinet series, Padron Anniversary lines, Davidoff Millineum, Late Hour and Eminentes, OpusX along with some boutique lines. Wicked and Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust come to mind. My experience leads me to the darker the wrapper, the thicker the wrapper... the better with age. Blonde wrappers like the Connecticut are to fragile/sensitive and IMHO are just too thin to risk fluctuations and physical damage. Long term, I think NC’s are also better aged in a little higher rh conditions (upper 60’s).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, dangolf18 said:

Which would you choose? Padron 45, 46, or 50th? Maduro or natural? 

The best tasting Padron I’ve had (by far) was a 45....don’t recall if natural or maduro though. Most Padrons kinda hit me like a velvet sledgehammer, but this one was creamy and saweet!

• Like 1