What's your latest NC purchase?

My everyday NC is *supposed* to be La Perla Habano Belicoso. I can pick them up at a stupid low point. But we are in the middle of another boom like began in the 80s. For a few years there will be some fantastic sticks on the market. Most, even the good, ones will be dust blowing through cigar factories in a few short years. I want to smoke ALL of them. Today! ???

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

Guest Nekhyludov
6 hours ago, superman0234 said:

Where can I order these from?  Thanks in advance!

This was from a friend's box split. But I think Up Down Cigar in Chicago might still have some.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, Meklown said:

So, for people who prefer NCs, they like the bigger RGs as they like the strength and power anyway. For people who prefer CCs, they don't really smoke for the strength, but rather appreciate (and look for) the nuanced flavours instead.

I am relatively new to CCs, and one way they have influenced me is that I am starting to prefer small guage NCs more than I used to.    The CCs have gotten me in the habit of savoring every puff and smoking more slowly, and it turns out that when you do that with NCs the smaller guage NCs outperform their larger brothers (imho).

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:54 PM, Islandboy said:

I’ve had a handful of these, even gone back for more. I find them engaging and complex in their flavor transitions. Still have a couple in my NC humi.

I have all of my intact boxes, CC & NC in the same humidor. All of the boxes have been opened, inspected, and closed without removing any. My loose cigars are all spread among several smaller humidors and boxes that I have begun smoking are kept in a separate humidor. Do I need to keep full boxes of CCs & NCs segregated? (I see another chest type humi in my future.)

8 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

I have all of my intact boxes, CC & NC in the same humidor. All of the boxes have been opened, inspected, and closed without removing any. My loose cigars are all spread among several smaller humidors and boxes that I have begun smoking are kept in a separate humidor. Do I need to keep full boxes of CCs & NCs segregated? (I see another chest type humi in my future.)

I don’t think it’s a huge deal to have them together, but my observations over the years are that my CC’s taste and smoke best using 65% bovedas, but I found that dried out my NC’s a bit too much, making them burn hot and harsh. I now keep them in a separate tupperdor with 69% bovedas. But physical change to the cigars occurs slowly so the jury is still out.

• Like 1

Thanks @Islandboy. I hadn’t thought about the Rh. I use the 320 gram Boveda packs at 69% and the odd 60 gram @69%. As my CC inventory increases, I’ll drop the Rh. Good information for CC newbies.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, TheCigarslayer said:

Found these hanging out in a b&m I frequent.

Interesting...my local shop had a handful or two of these last time I was there... I've been thinking of going back and grabbing a few more if they're still there.

10 hours ago, TheCigarslayer said:

If it was JR I got the last. If I were you I’d snag em if they aren’t marked way up. 

Nah, its a "mom and pop" shop. They were also 20$ a piece... I do need a few more Boveda's so I'm going to check it out

31 minutes ago, parabola66 said:

Nah, its a "mom and pop" shop. They were also 20$ a piece... I do need a few more Boveda's so I'm going to check it out

It's been a few years since I last saw those Davidoffs  for sale and they were $20 back then?  I did make a NC purchase last week from an auction site; a large variety of tins so nothing too exciting except for me who hasn't tried many of these for awhile.

3 hours ago, joey rockets said:

Those 'logs' are primarily destined for the USA market and have ruled the roost as far as new releases for the past 5 years.  The advent of oversized cigars made me start looking which is when I discovered CCs were not so difficult to acquire again.

My “perfect” size is a Monte#2, but my “perfect” shape is a perfecto. Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature or Classic are in my sweet spot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rabbi said:

My “perfect” size is a Monte#2, but my “perfect” shape is a perfecto. Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature or Classic are in my sweet spot.

I like the entire Hemingway line although it contains a monster now (masterpiece?).  While shopping last week, I noted one of our favorite auction sites no longer offers Fuentes or Padrons although efforts are being made to get them back.

• Like 1