What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Rabbi said:

I have a friend (FB type) who regularly smokes the 6”x60 and 7”x70 logs. I bought a fiver of these 8”x80 just to have them. While they are probably smokeable, I can’t imagine them being enjoyable. The D5 shown for contrast takes me 75-90 minutes; these monsters would be an equinox dawn-to-dusk undertaking.

I'm not partial to the large RG sticks but since we're talking about them here and its a NC thread, I figured I'd share.  I really enjoy Oliva as a NC brand.  It's what got me started in cigars when I worked in a local shop during high school.  When home or smoking for leisure, I'm 99% CCs but when I'm working its 75% NCs just because of price and still getting good ones that I don't care about throwing out if work requires me to.  

A large RG stick is not my go-to per say but a good friend/work vendor/fellow BOTL brought a few of these 10x66 Flor de Oliva's go one of the tournaments our company runs a few years back and we sparked up.  It was a 4.5 hour smoke for me, about 5 for him and both sticks were perfect.  Excellent construction, flavors were really good throughout and really never needed a relight or touchup.  

I'll take a lancero, Lonsdale, slim panatela any day over a large RG cigar but this made for a funny experience. 

10x66.thumb.JPG.95fc68573fb15647f3ac068d49858115.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

really good, they made the CA top 10 and i always order single of each and was probably my favorite NC of 2019 so picked up a box. but the packaging it just blew me away lol 
Chocolate cherry (big fan off cherry RyJ fan) leather not a paper bomb but full bodied, also has a Medio Tiempo wrapper witch is what you find in behike's 
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/h-upmann-175th-anniversary-churchill-2019

Thanks Juri, I’ve grown cautious of CA’s list but have heard great things from others about this stick. Also I’m really not a fan of pepper or big nicotine hits so sounds like I gotta try this one!
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, juri said:

really good, they made the CA top 10 and i always order single of each and was probably my favorite NC of 2019 so picked up a box. but the packaging is blew me away lol 

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/h-upmann-175th-anniversary-churchill-2019

I don't usually purchase the NC version of the classic Cuban brands. But the 175th Anniversary is an exception. Bought one because I was curious. Then went back a bought a box because they were that good. I often questions CA ratings because of the advertising aspect of the magazine. This one is one I think they got right.

• Like 1

its a A.J. Fernandez blend so if you have had his stuff in the past hes no slouch i also picked up a 5 pack of his Ramon Allones in the same order another of his better NC classic cuban brand blends

I like some of his stuff but I’ve noticed a theme with him. Pepper and earth and lots of it. I feel like there’s this huge market of people nowadays that smoke NCs who basically want three things: big ring gauge, lots of pepper/earth, strength.

Somehow the idea of body got mixed up with strength.

Anyway, will definitely check these upmanns out!

This came in the mail today. I thought the packaging was pretty slick. It was completely sealed like a food product with a boveda inside. 
EC9E1B11-B493-4F06-97AD-F9D4194A680F.thumb.jpeg.1a8eb829ad480ed31b45f4fa03902eca.jpeg
B9853F03-BD7C-49D4-A1D6-CCC4A4E83F06.thumb.jpeg.a72bf8e1507c7ba42a84f3b956698497.jpeg
I'm a big fan of those RP 50th.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A box of Illusione MJ12, i love the foil wrappers. Illusione is definitely one of my go to brands. Dion does such a great job with all his blends

• Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, Goodfortune said:

Been curious about those as well. I have heard great things but yet to try one. Let us know how they are!

I sampled one about a week after receipt.  Meh.  I had one last night, a little over three weeks rest.  Amazing!  I don't go searching for flavors, but I know what I like and I loved this cigar.  Few cigars can provide me with what I call a deep toasted tobacco flavor that warms the soul.  This had it in spades.  I just became a fan of Casdagli and look forward to trying their other offerings.

• Like 1