dangolf18

What's your latest NC purchase?

11 hours ago, smitte3 said:

Looking forward to the Karl Malone barrel aged sticks.  A relatively new release.

IMG_0318.jpg

I bought whole box of Karl Malone robustos and they're good, 2 months now only 5-6 sticks left.

Most of them are gone as gifts, friends were curious about Malone cigars, they know Jordan loves cigars, not knowing Malone making his own brand.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:17 PM, lovethehaze said:

Lots of talk wanted to try a few 

B00BB632-BD03-4F93-A59A-6A3B8E02FCA1.thumb.jpeg.ad5916e08e728960e371f0483ff9c233.jpeg

I know who you were talking with....HA! 

14 hours ago, smitte3 said:

Looking forward to the Karl Malone barrel aged sticks.  A relatively new release.

IMG_0318.jpg

Those Placencia cigars impressed me.  I’m going to have to go a little deeper on them. 

• Like 1

Had my first last week and wanted to see if it was a fluke or if they really are that good.  Great initial experience.  

35E58BAD-1651-4798-85A4-F9FB34232305.jpeg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Thirds said:

Had my first last week and wanted to see if it was a fluke or if they really are that good.  Great initial experience.  

I'll ruin the surprise for you - they really are that good 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hoepssa said:

I bought whole box of Karl Malone robustos and they're good, 2 months now only 5-6 sticks left.

Most of them are gone as gifts, friends were curious about Malone cigars, they know Jordan loves cigars, not knowing Malone making his own brand.

That's awesome.  I'm going to try my 2nd one this week now that the shipment has had time to settle a bit.  I might go the same route with buying a box of robustos because they're tasty, have nice bands and brand recognition with Karl Malone, and are a good handout/giveaway stick for friends being a solid medium body smoke... and I love basketball.   I'm a big Cohiba fan and am always looking for new NC barrel aged/finished releases and this along with the Camacho rum barrel aged and Perdomo bourbon barrel aged CT's have been tops so far.  

12 hours ago, Thirds said:

Those Placencia cigars impressed me.  I’m going to have to go a little deeper on them. 

Excited to try them out.  Didn't know about the brand until I got a stick at the Vegas big smoke last year and was impressed and learned that they're one of the O.G.'s in the business.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elgallo55 said:

Those Epernay's are really really good... 

• Like 3

Oliva Serie V Melanio.
Great purchase. One of the only NC I still keep stocked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Rabbi said:

I have a friend (FB type) who regularly smokes the 6”x60 and 7”x70 logs. I bought a fiver of these 8”x80 just to have them. While they are probably smokeable, I can’t imagine them being enjoyable. The D5 shown for contrast takes me 75-90 minutes; these monsters would be an equinox dawn-to-dusk undertaking.

I'm not partial to the large RG sticks but since we're talking about them here and its a NC thread, I figured I'd share.  I really enjoy Oliva as a NC brand.  It's what got me started in cigars when I worked in a local shop during high school.  When home or smoking for leisure, I'm 99% CCs but when I'm working its 75% NCs just because of price and still getting good ones that I don't care about throwing out if work requires me to.  

A large RG stick is not my go-to per say but a good friend/work vendor/fellow BOTL brought a few of these 10x66 Flor de Oliva's go one of the tournaments our company runs a few years back and we sparked up.  It was a 4.5 hour smoke for me, about 5 for him and both sticks were perfect.  Excellent construction, flavors were really good throughout and really never needed a relight or touchup.  

I'll take a lancero, Lonsdale, slim panatela any day over a large RG cigar but this made for a funny experience. 

10x66.thumb.JPG.95fc68573fb15647f3ac068d49858115.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hands down the BEST box packaging of cigars ive ever bought even came with a silver coin lmao
IMG_0639.thumb.jpg.2d7f84f881dd7613e92235401133e38c.jpg
IMG_0640.thumb.jpg.56438cf022e5e0a6aa38b9e7d8771ff7.jpg
IMG_0641.thumb.jpg.960d1c20e3a7b0ce29855c1ae0d88550.jpg
IMG_0642.thumb.jpg.6c18def2165bd3f3455252004dbc51cf.jpg

Really curious how they taste
  • Like 1

This came in the mail today. I thought the packaging was pretty slick. It was completely sealed like a food product with a boveda inside. 
EC9E1B11-B493-4F06-97AD-F9D4194A680F.thumb.jpeg.1a8eb829ad480ed31b45f4fa03902eca.jpeg
B9853F03-BD7C-49D4-A1D6-CCC4A4E83F06.thumb.jpeg.a72bf8e1507c7ba42a84f3b956698497.jpeg

It’s a great sampler. Where you get it and how much?

19 minutes ago, HoyoFan said:

Really curious how they taste

really good, they made the CA top 10 and i always order single of each and was probably my favorite NC of 2019 so picked up a box. but the packaging it just blew me away lol 

Chocolate cherry (big fan off cherry RyJ fan) leather not a paper bomb but full bodied, also has a Medio Tiempo wrapper witch is what you find in behike's 

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/h-upmann-175th-anniversary-churchill-2019

really good, they made the CA top 10 and i always order single of each and was probably my favorite NC of 2019 so picked up a box. but the packaging it just blew me away lol 
Chocolate cherry (big fan off cherry RyJ fan) leather not a paper bomb but full bodied, also has a Medio Tiempo wrapper witch is what you find in behike's 
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/h-upmann-175th-anniversary-churchill-2019

Thanks Juri, I’ve grown cautious of CA’s list but have heard great things from others about this stick. Also I’m really not a fan of pepper or big nicotine hits so sounds like I gotta try this one!
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, juri said:

really good, they made the CA top 10 and i always order single of each and was probably my favorite NC of 2019 so picked up a box. but the packaging is blew me away lol 

I don't usually purchase the NC version of the classic Cuban brands. But the 175th Anniversary is an exception. Bought one because I was curious. Then went back a bought a box because they were that good. I often questions CA ratings because of the advertising aspect of the magazine. This one is one I think they got right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoyoFan said:

Thanks Juri, I’ve grown cautious of CA’s list but have heard great things from others about this stick. Also I’m really not a fan of pepper or big nicotine hits so sounds like I gotta try this one!

I don't usually purchase the NC version of the classic Cuban brands. But the 175th Anniversary is an exception. Bought one because I was curious. Then went back a bought a box because they were that good. I often questions CA ratings because of the advertising aspect of the magazine. This one is one I think they got right.

its a A.J. Fernandez blend so if you have had his stuff in the past hes no slouch i also picked up a 5 pack of his Ramon Allones in the same order another of his better NC classic cuban brand blends

its a A.J. Fernandez blend so if you have had his stuff in the past hes no slouch i also picked up a 5 pack of his Ramon Allones in the same order another of his better NC classic cuban brand blends

I like some of his stuff but I’ve noticed a theme with him. Pepper and earth and lots of it. I feel like there’s this huge market of people nowadays that smoke NCs who basically want three things: big ring gauge, lots of pepper/earth, strength.

Somehow the idea of body got mixed up with strength.

Anyway, will definitely check these upmanns out!

3 minutes ago, HoyoFan said:

I like some of his stuff but I’ve noticed a theme with him. Pepper and earth and lots of it. I feel like there’s this huge market of people nowadays that smoke NCs who basically want three things: big ring gauge, lots of pepper/earth, strength.

Somehow the idea of body got mixed up with strength.

Anyway, will definitely check these upmanns out!

god i hate pepper too and big RG to boot 🤢, far as cuban uppmans fan of sirr winny mag 50's and royal robustos

This came in the mail today. I thought the packaging was pretty slick. It was completely sealed like a food product with a boveda inside. 
EC9E1B11-B493-4F06-97AD-F9D4194A680F.thumb.jpeg.1a8eb829ad480ed31b45f4fa03902eca.jpeg
B9853F03-BD7C-49D4-A1D6-CCC4A4E83F06.thumb.jpeg.a72bf8e1507c7ba42a84f3b956698497.jpeg
I'm a big fan of those RP 50th.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

I'm a big fan of those RP 50th.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I may burn that one first based on your recommendation.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, Skypilot said:

EC9E1B11-B493-4F06-97AD-F9D4194A680F.jpeg

B9853F03-BD7C-49D4-A1D6-CCC4A4E83F06.jpeg

just stumbled onto where you picked these up, to good a of a price and collection to pass upl.... so hard to beat a good sampler  😷

On 4/29/2020 at 4:28 PM, StogieSteve23 said:

Those Epernay's are really really good... 

I was ogling the Davidoff tubos and this past week I ordered my first box out of the Signature line and otherwise, have tried very few samples.

A box of Illusione MJ12, i love the foil wrappers. Illusione is definitely one of my go to brands. Dion does such a great job with all his blends

• Like 2