What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bri Fi said:

@ElLoboLoco had one a couple weeks ago. Fantastic. Like the petit lancero as well but the corona gorda wins. 

I think they are the pick of the black line, agreed. The Jibaro’s are neck and neck. Although they are the most un Tat like imo.

I am a fanboy of Petes blends. 

• Like 2

@Lomey Just had one of these Tat's last week and I can see how it is your go to NC. 

@nKostyan Just happens that the same week I had one of these same Oliva's and between the two I'm not sure which one was better, they were both very nice!

• Like 2

[mention=31765]nKostyan[/mention] Just happens that the same week I had one of these same Oliva's and between the two I'm not sure which one was better, they were both very nice!

I liked it, a rich blend for NC: wood, black pepper, rye bread, fried sunflower seeds, cream, salt. In my opinion, a good morning cigar with a cup of cappuccino for 40 minutes...

8ae9eb8799d64ee0097568d5bfe1267d.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, EnigmatiC said:

No pic but Casa Cuba by Fuente and Encore by Carrillo. The Casa Cuba’s are delicious, coffee with cream, honey, and cinnamon. Box worthy for me.

Awesome Awesome smokes the Casa Cuba's are.  Cinnamon, nutmeg and black cherry for me.  

• Like 2

So technically not my latest purchase, but my brother's since we share a cabinet. I typically buy the CC's while he explores the rest of the world. Here is the latest haul, minus a few that had to be burned in tribute. 

Oliva Nub Cameroon, Rocky Patel Vintage 99 Connecticut

The Nub Cameroon's burned well and performed as expected, but the RP's really surprised us with a good long and even smoke. Very pleasant. 

NCTopShelf.jpg

• Like 4

I buy a sampler from a large USA online cigar shop. It is 3 padron 1926 serie 2, 3 Ashton VSG, 3 La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor,  and 3 AF Hemingway Maduro for under $120. At $10 a stick I use this to wait out the resting period on my Cubans as I am still building enough in the humidor so that they are all at least 30-60 days resting (international shipping delays are making it abnormally hard since I can’t really time it out when boxes arrive anywhere between 8 days and never). 

Rarely smoke NC but after seeing my Orthopedic surgeon Friday I visited local B&M.  Picked up 2 Padron Principe, Opus X Belicoso XXX and Liga Privada Corona Viva. Just killing time waiting for my take out BBQ. I hear they are all pretty decent. I started out smoking CC and know very little about NC

On 7/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, KCCubano said:

Rarely smoke NC but after seeing my Orthopedic surgeon Friday I visited local B&M.  Picked up 2 Padron Principe, Opus X Belicoso XXX and Liga Privada Corona Viva. Just killing time waiting for my take out BBQ. I hear they are all pretty decent. I started out smoking CC and know very little about NC

I’ve very much enjoyed every Opus X I’ve had. The complexity rivals most CCs and they age extraordinary well. The best examples I’ve had have been 5+ years aged since purchase.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Bri Fi said:

@StogieSteve23 those tattoos are very affordable and worth the $5 whenever I buy them. I let one rest in my humi for about a year and it was the sweetest cigar I’ve ever had. Like sugar sweet. Congrats on the rest of the pickups 

Thanks Bri.  They're an excellent smoke for the price and always consistent no doubt.  

• 2 weeks later...