dangolf18

What's your latest NC purchase?

12 hours ago, EnigmatiC said:

No pic but Casa Cuba by Fuente and Encore by Carrillo. The Casa Cuba’s are delicious, coffee with cream, honey, and cinnamon. Box worthy for me.

Awesome Awesome smokes the Casa Cuba's are.  Cinnamon, nutmeg and black cherry for me.  

• Like 2

I buy a sampler from a large USA online cigar shop. It is 3 padron 1926 serie 2, 3 Ashton VSG, 3 La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor,  and 3 AF Hemingway Maduro for under $120. At $10 a stick I use this to wait out the resting period on my Cubans as I am still building enough in the humidor so that they are all at least 30-60 days resting (international shipping delays are making it abnormally hard since I can’t really time it out when boxes arrive anywhere between 8 days and never). 

Rarely smoke NC but after seeing my Orthopedic surgeon Friday I visited local B&M.  Picked up 2 Padron Principe, Opus X Belicoso XXX and Liga Privada Corona Viva. Just killing time waiting for my take out BBQ. I hear they are all pretty decent. I started out smoking CC and know very little about NC

On 7/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, KCCubano said:

Rarely smoke NC but after seeing my Orthopedic surgeon Friday I visited local B&M.  Picked up 2 Padron Principe, Opus X Belicoso XXX and Liga Privada Corona Viva. Just killing time waiting for my take out BBQ. I hear they are all pretty decent. I started out smoking CC and know very little about NC

I’ve very much enjoyed every Opus X I’ve had. The complexity rivals most CCs and they age extraordinary well. The best examples I’ve had have been 5+ years aged since purchase.

@StogieSteve23 those tattoos are very affordable and worth the $5 whenever I buy them. I let one rest in my humi for about a year and it was the sweetest cigar I’ve ever had. Like sugar sweet. Congrats on the rest of the pickups 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Bri Fi said:

@StogieSteve23 those tattoos are very affordable and worth the $5 whenever I buy them. I let one rest in my humi for about a year and it was the sweetest cigar I’ve ever had. Like sugar sweet. Congrats on the rest of the pickups 

Thanks Bri.  They're an excellent smoke for the price and always consistent no doubt.  

I found a new NC only vendor and after a few emails back and forth I decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered a box of L'Atelier LAT 52.

Unfortunately, the vendor emailed me to say they didn't quite have a full box, so offered replaced the missing two with a LAT 52 maduro and a La Mission.

I went for it, as LATs are really hard to get in my part of the world.

The most surprising part is, when they arrived the date stamp said 2016, so they already had some age on them.

I had one ROTT, and although needed some down time for humidity, was smooth as silk.

• Like 4

Just got a bunch of stuff in to tide me over while I give my habanos a sleep:

La flor dominicana double ligero chisels, 654, and a couple of short fatties (4.6x60)

Oliva V Melanio robustos 

Cain toros and Cain Daytona robustos

pepin Garcia blues, serie JJ, and Cuban classics

CAO Brazilia Gols

various Tatuajue

various RP

probably like  3-4 years worth of cigars for me! Though maybe less once the buddies start coming through to herf for the rest of the summer patio season!

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:32 AM, StogieSteve23 said:

Awesome Awesome smokes the Casa Cuba's are.  Cinnamon, nutmeg and black cherry for me.  

Any particular size(s) in the line you'd especially recommend?

6 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Any particular size(s) in the line you'd especially recommend?

I enjoy the "Divine Inspiration" (6 1/4 x 47) and the "Doble Cinco" (5 x 50). Cant go wrong with any in my opinion though. 

• Thanks 1