What's your latest NC purchase?

12 hours ago, Skypilot said:

I have been into the bourbon a touch tonight so I am willing to admit my NC transgressions and take the wrath of my CC brethren ? . I am a sucker for all the Black Friday, Christmas, new year discount codes, etc. This Is most of them but there are some high end Fuentes and a few others hiding somewhere. Oh and Sky Flower lancero at 20% off, why not?

I am a big Avo/Davidoff fan and love that umami mushroom flavor. I describe it as Brie cheese. The AVO LE’s were great deals. Being in the states I follow several blogs and got caught up in a few other releases. Overall I like to try new things!

D9C1D647-05A7-4C93-B4C8-8D7A853B2D6B.jpeg

673A8063-42D5-497D-981B-1E95A9FCFE36.jpeg

FD8E5ACB-A8EC-4CF9-BFF5-110A0D10BA9E.jpeg

0CAA7EAC-F628-4FB6-8AD8-559426201D5A.jpeg

6D5C41EC-E4CA-4803-9AC3-5D33AA3801C4.jpeg

EBA5C0A5-686D-4CF5-926B-08A3F4FD3E5B.jpeg

75DBA3EB-97E3-442E-A1B6-E6FFB5C8CA97.jpeg

Heard the sky flower lancer I has a very tight draw. Let us know your experience on how it smokes. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:34 PM, Heels82 said:

I've been buying singles and 5 packs here and there and figured it was time.  It's such a tasty and effortless smoke every single time.  Did you remove the cedar sleeves or keep them on?  

I just picked up a box of 888, great cigars now for a long rest. I just smoked a 5 year old Anejo Robusto (cedar left on) which has mellowed just a bit, it was fantastic!

1 hour ago, Heels82 said:

I'll have to set some aside to age as I've usually just smoked them as I went along without thinking about aging them.  Diving deeper into CC's allows the 888s to hide easier and sounds beneficial in the long run.  Did you run across any Anejo Sharks during the holiday season?  

Yes I did see a box of sharks but I’m not a huge fan of them so let them go. My favorites are the 60s (smoke well early), robusto, 46s and 88. 

• Like 1

What do y’all like in the NC variety that is high on body/flavor but not on nicotine or pepper?

For some reason most of my NC smoking comrades think I’m insane for wanting such a combo.

Yet it’s one of the reasons I like CCs so much.

• Like 1

Illusion- Original Documents, Epernay and Singulare are recent standouts.  Not much pepper on any of them that I can remember. 

Warped- has quite a few I like, 5yr old La Hacienda corona gorda this morning was creamy, floral, baking spice delight.

Don Pepin Garcia Blue (Original) are great with a few years on them.  Pepper fades and they pick up a lot complexity. 

I'm smoking through a singles tray of NCs and a couple partial boxes and these are the ones that have stood out.  All are at least 4-5 yrs old if it makes any difference.

• Like 2

I love Tatuaje. Age Tat Brown Label cigars and the pepper really mellows out. That Nicaraguan bite smooths out but retain the body and flavor. The Noellas are nice fresh but most cigars from that part of the world need time to mellow out. Your patience will be rewarded.

Happy Hunting!

21 hours ago, HoyoFan said:

What do y’all like in the NC variety that is high on body/flavor but not on nicotine or pepper?

For some reason most of my NC smoking comrades think I’m insane for wanting such a combo.

Yet it’s one of the reasons I like CCs so much.

Foundation, HVC and if cost is no object, Byron.

Illusion- Original Documents, Epernay and Singulare are recent standouts.  Not much pepper on any of them that I can remember. 
Warped- has quite a few I like, 5yr old La Hacienda corona gorda this morning was creamy, floral, baking spice delight.
Don Pepin Garcia Blue (Original) are great with a few years on them.  Pepper fades and they pick up a lot complexity. 
I'm smoking through a singles tray of NCs and a couple partial boxes and these are the ones that have stood out.  All are at least 4-5 yrs old if it makes any difference.

Thanks! Especially for the age reference

9 minutes ago, HoyoFan said:

Thanks! Thinking of picking up some HVC Hot Cake. And just got a few Charter Oak in from Foundation

If you can locate the La Rosa/First Selection or the 500th anniversary HVC, those are great. Hot Cake I am yet to try.

Foundation El gueguense or Byron petit poemas are delicious too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, MIKA27 said:
I recently purchased a bunch of boxes, I'm really enjoying my NC's more than Cubans lately.
LaFlor Dominicano, Andalusian Bull is by far an amazing Cigar along with and surprisingly, Rocky Patel Grand Reserve.
Oliva Series V Melanio speaks for itself. Great construction and a nice medium to full rich, chewy smoke.
I posted these on my Instagram page (M1ka27), but hopefully they turn out ok here also.
image.png.16f7cedb87d2517543878e475e0e1bc9.png

Beautiful dog. What kind? Looks like boxer/pit bull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2