What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, alloy said:

Heard these were pretty good. So I bought a 10'er.

IMG_0034.JPG

I recently enjoyed one of the these but to my tastes the Call to Arms was a more unique and better flavored, and more complex smoke.  Call to Arms has some honey attributes to it and a softly burnt toast that I have only ever reall found in the CORO.  I’m not saying it’s a CORO but there were similarities and they don’t cost me a ring finger and half a grand to purchase :)

the Construction on all Stolen Crown offerings has been fabulous, although they tend to smoke faster than normal but that doesn’t ruin the experience for me.  No wind tunnels here, very cubanesque draw.

I know It's little bit away from the topic but I'd like to ask you NC smokers.

I'm a  perfecto vitola addicted and very interested in the shape of Oliva melanino. Is that worth for the price?

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, yossie said:

I know It's little bit away from the topic but I'd like to ask you NC smokers.

I'm a  perfecto vitola addicted and very interested in the shape of Oliva melanino. Is that worth for the price?

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are a pretty good smoke. Sometimes vendors will have a sale on them at $80 for a box of ten. I bought a couple boxes of them at that price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 10:02 PM, alloy said:

Yes they are a pretty good smoke. Sometimes vendors will have a sale on them at $80 for a box of ten. I bought a couple boxes of them at that price.

Thanks,

I'll buy it sometime when good deal is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Melanio Robusto box. One of my staple NCs and the robusto vitola is the best value for money.
20210708_003457.jpg.7dd3994c55cbb44d437f60607ec4b8df.jpg

Have you tried the maduro melanio? What do you find to be the major flavor difference?

I smoked a L'atelier 52 out my humidor the other day as I hadn't had one in a while. 

About half way through I placed an order for another box, which turned up the other day. 

I only wish they did cabs of 25 instead of boxes of 15. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joeyjojo said:

I smoked a L'atelier 52 out my humidor the other day as I hadn't had one in a while. 

About half way through I placed an order for another box, which turned up the other day. 

I only wish they did cabs of 25 instead of boxes of 15. 

I haven't had many bad cigars from Pete.  Tat, L'at, Surrogates, etc. they're all good.. Albeit there are some i've had and did not enjoy, but for the most part I can pick one up in a b&m and know its going to be enjoyable.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

I haven't had many bad cigars from Pete.  Tat, L'at, Surrogates, etc. they're all good.. Albeit there are some i've had and did not enjoy, but for the most part I can pick one up in a b&m and know its going to be enjoyable.  

My thoughts exactly. 

Generally speaking, the Garcia made cigars are great quality and have something for every taste and price point. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, HoyoFan said:

Have you tried the maduro melanio? What do you find to be the major flavor difference?

I have not. I wish I had, I'd like to try it some day. Just haven't had access to them. And while I'm at it, here's my latest NC purchase. Five singles. Ignore the Boli box, it came in the same batch. AF Don Carlos Belicoso, Nub 460 Maduro, JDN Antano CT Robusto, Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut Robusto (my first RP, we'll see how it goes).

Oedfm3qkAC9WaSbuD5Q3K-YX-U2fn6rXd8lcsCe_L2EG4zi3mEJrkUIfysBGgwwidPKxga7-CiilP7w9A58ToVAvbwTqpMqXP5-81bvfSOOcoDdOvwRj5dLDXCqQ9f2nh8zjIlLV2c03q80eLKjmv5tPxP5-1O9E4uWeI8IkSNiRuJD2F8iqttcqb-vEWgyIjQPizQjgTI5IxZAZ-cwM7YhcFax_ONU0OgQ_GnJ0dYfIt2d3jrpaskxr2FABQ7M-nIgUEUz9CyoZ15nLJwoaO_wYyE7fc8nBeCRXm3TAkIwpSkuYAyR1IDas69UYaomSgiKbs0IS_-Bn8wHvxpvb6PLncwC0ikjAbUQdd8GEJsiqqDOAoTSc9ZGWJQ7VyYaldpI-KTCCbHvKF4tr0qZ4gcRba-5ni4BdOk8_3GVBYKZ3HRE9JE2R-5Vbj9eETiVNnX-Kq5vS4CZeU7zOo6HpNwltd3TDUODN671L9OIn5iJqAIZcjzW1ig-l5JWa3yqnOhP4yHusEWRyx3hySKPJQoTFlRoDC7HEQLbcuuwqXbZbiEzqhRxVIIW-JSNlbkjYWcrS4Hk6eOZ5IyiPlcS3QLoou4FSXfBq6haoOwgAzZVtMh6bN9z4ul1Lvc4YSHXCXnqC8Wwo5_KPFXElZ8a-xNpMsJcwGD4rZ4Dwbgo_TlxUHBGwiEzKwt3SKDcWhNd2A2NgF9rZpuStwADO8dvbTyTCgA=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0

My most recent NC box purchases would be...

Crowned Heads - Le Careme Hermoso #1

Oscar - Leaf Corojo Lanceros

Protocol - Blue Lanceros

Punch - Diablo Scamps

The Le Caremes are just delicious fruit chocolate cream but those are actually a gift for my brother for Christmas. Protocol is one of those really good brands that go under the radar imo. The Oscar Corojo is really just a solid Honduran Corojo blend which is good for me because I love Honduran tobacco. Last, the Diablos are probably one of the highest quality-for the lowest price AJF blends I've come across, plus the gf loves them as well so can't go wrong!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dynamo320 said:

Warped La Colmena Amado 44

This thread has high praise for La Colmena.  I've been hoping to try, but it still hasn't happened.  I hope you enjoy, those look attractive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rjake100 said:

This thread has high praise for La Colmena.  I've been hoping to try, but it still hasn't happened.  I hope you enjoy, those look attractive.

Some of the larger online NC shops have them. I grabbed a couple boxes, they're wonderful!

• Like 1