What's your latest NC purchase?

IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.4876108c3bfac7267145b46d20df47af.JPG

I hate spending that much on an a cigar, but damn if The Hammer ain't tasty!!

Do you know someone that has a box? Those are the limited editions that only come in the humidor, I've only ever seen them on eBay, and for a hefty price!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

57 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Do you know someone that has a box? Those are the limited editions that only come in the humidor, I've only ever seen them on eBay, and for a hefty price!

There are reputable online retailers that have them. I'm not sure if I can name them here, so if you want to know, PM me. 

Guest Nekhyludov
23 minutes ago, torsion said:

I only buy 5ers or singles of NC and have been meaning to try these for a while

IMG_6150.thumb.JPG.1e0dbb3999c78264956881ed06d21e00.JPG

Those three cigars probably would have covered the mortgage on my first house! :lol: 

You'll have to let us know how the royal release is. 

On 8/7/2017 at 10:40 PM, prodigy said:

They have them here:

http://www.cigarworld.de/en/zigarren/nicaragua/padron-50-years-anniversary-humidor-90014002

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, Nekhyludov said:

Not to "butt in" here, but I believe that is the Davidoff "Art" series w the blue band not the Royal Release.

I did have a RR robusto when they were (royally) released. I thought it was a great cigar. Perfect construction, nice flavors. At $80 though I wonder who is smoking what!! 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, Nekhyludov said:

Those three cigars probably would have covered the mortgage on my first house! :lol: 

Very pricey.Need to try them,the Monkey is my Chinese horoscope sign so checking if I like them enough to cough up for a full box!

That Royal release is way too expensive,doubt I'll buy any as so many other good cigars for less money

• 4 weeks later...
A box of Illuisione Holy Lances and a fiver of Warped Cigars La Colmena Amado No. 44.

How are the HL's?

I got a 5er of Illusione's Juniperus and had one stick.

It was.... Strange... Incredibly harsh! It sucked all moisture out of my mouth and I kept having to sip on water. Sharp, burning sensation throughout and a very aggressive profile.

Completely not what I expected from a blend that doesn't use Ligero leaves.

Maybe they were too young (although the cellos have a yellow tinge upon arrival)

I'll be keeping a close eye on these in the months to come

ab08305ea721385631eb5fd1c1715a82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wilzc said:

How are the HL's?

It was.... Strange... Incredibly harsh! It sucked all moisture out of my mouth and I kept having to sip on water. Sharp, burning sensation throughout and a very aggressive profile.

Maybe they were too young (although the cellos have a yellow tinge upon arrival)

We like the HL, but we only smoke them when we have the time for a lancero.  I find most of the NC's I smoke need a couple of months of down time to mellow a little.  I tried the Fume D'Amour in the Robusto and PC fresh and both benefitted from 6 months of storage before I smoked them again.   I find that the Illusione Epernay line is pretty good fresh and more mellow than other Illusione lines. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wilzc said:

How are the HL's?

That's a real bummer. I had a junipero and didn't find it harsh, but I also didn't think it was tremendous like the robusto (viejos?) or corona gorda either. Maybe thicker is a bit better with the FdA blend.

In the core line I am super partial to the mk which is basically a mareva. It's a great cigar.

• Like 1

On 2017-09-13 at 8:07 PM, Danimalia said:

New Oliva Gilberto Oliva Reserva Churchiills. One of the U.S. mega retailers with whom I have a love/hate relationship with had a price that was too good to miss on these. Oliva always brings the goods at a fair price.

IMG_0052.thumb.JPG.c124bd23d375e5e0b985d2064bf60bb0.JPG

Saw these / know exactly which retailer you're talking about. Debating getting the robusto size. Not sure if you saw, but they're having a deal where they're including a 12-pack sampler with each box of 20

On 9/15/2017 at 4:32 AM, DBeets77 said:

Saw these / know exactly which retailer you're talking about. Debating getting the robusto size. Not sure if you saw, but they're having a deal where they're including a 12-pack sampler with each box of 20

Mine actually came with a 5er of Oliva Serie O as an add on for $5, which was an easy yes for me. I haven't had the robusto size, only the corona, though I bought the Churchill. I think it's a very nice smoke. Nothing Earth-shattering about it. Just a good, medium-bodied cigar with a true Sumatra wrapper for a great price. 

Not to "butt in" here, but I believe that is the Davidoff "Art" series w the blue band not the Royal Release.
I did have a RR robusto when they were (royally) released. I thought it was a great cigar. Perfect construction, nice flavors. At $80 though I wonder who is smoking what!! 
You are correct, the blue banded one is from the "Art Series" and not the Royal Release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just received a box of Opus Angels Share... Can't wait to dig into this box.

• Like 2