Recommended Posts



IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.4876108c3bfac7267145b46d20df47af.JPG

I hate spending that much on an a cigar, but damn if The Hammer ain't tasty!!



Do you know someone that has a box? Those are the limited editions that only come in the humidor, I've only ever seen them on eBay, and for a hefty price!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put together a Lancero sampler pack and a few tag alongs....

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, prodigy said:


 

 


Do you know someone that has a box? Those are the limited editions that only come in the humidor, I've only ever seen them on eBay, and for a hefty price!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 

 

There are reputable online retailers that have them. I'm not sure if I can name them here, so if you want to know, PM me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, torsion said:

I only buy 5ers or singles of NC and have been meaning to try these for a while

IMG_6150.thumb.JPG.1e0dbb3999c78264956881ed06d21e00.JPG

Those three cigars probably would have covered the mortgage on my first house! :lol: 

You'll have to let us know how the royal release is. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 10:40 PM, prodigy said:

Do you know someone that has a box? Those are the limited editions that only come in the humidor, I've only ever seen them on eBay, and for a hefty price!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 

 

They have them here:

http://www.cigarworld.de/en/zigarren/nicaragua/padron-50-years-anniversary-humidor-90014002

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, Nekhyludov said:

You'll have to let us know how the royal release is. 

Not to "butt in" here, but I believe that is the Davidoff "Art" series w the blue band not the Royal Release.

I did have a RR robusto when they were (royally) released. I thought it was a great cigar. Perfect construction, nice flavors. At $80 though I wonder who is smoking what!! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 10:53 PM, Nekhyludov said:

Those three cigars probably would have covered the mortgage on my first house! :lol: 

You'll have to let us know how the royal release is. 

Very pricey.Need to try them,the Monkey is my Chinese horoscope sign so checking if I like them enough to cough up for a full box!

That Royal release is way too expensive,doubt I'll buy any as so many other good cigars for less money

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
A box of Illuisione Holy Lances and a fiver of Warped Cigars La Colmena Amado No. 44.

 

How are the HL's?

 

I got a 5er of Illusione's Juniperus and had one stick.

 

It was.... Strange... Incredibly harsh! It sucked all moisture out of my mouth and I kept having to sip on water. Sharp, burning sensation throughout and a very aggressive profile.

 

Completely not what I expected from a blend that doesn't use Ligero leaves.

 

Maybe they were too young (although the cellos have a yellow tinge upon arrival)

 

I'll be keeping a close eye on these in the months to come

 

ab08305ea721385631eb5fd1c1715a82.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wilzc said:

 

How are the HL's?

 

I got a 5er of Illusione's Juniperus and had one stick.

 

It was.... Strange... Incredibly harsh! It sucked all moisture out of my mouth and I kept having to sip on water. Sharp, burning sensation throughout and a very aggressive profile.

 

Completely not what I expected from a blend that doesn't use Ligero leaves.

 

Maybe they were too young (although the cellos have a yellow tinge upon arrival)

 

I'll be keeping a close eye on these in the months to come

 

ab08305ea721385631eb5fd1c1715a82.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like the HL, but we only smoke them when we have the time for a lancero.  I find most of the NC's I smoke need a couple of months of down time to mellow a little.  I tried the Fume D'Amour in the Robusto and PC fresh and both benefitted from 6 months of storage before I smoked them again.   I find that the Illusione Epernay line is pretty good fresh and more mellow than other Illusione lines. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wilzc said:

 

How are the HL's?

 

I got a 5er of Illusione's Juniperus and had one stick.

 

It was.... Strange... Incredibly harsh! It sucked all moisture out of my mouth and I kept having to sip on water. Sharp, burning sensation throughout and a very aggressive profile.

 

Completely not what I expected from a blend that doesn't use Ligero leaves.

 

Maybe they were too young (although the cellos have a yellow tinge upon arrival)

 

I'll be keeping a close eye on these in the months to come

 

ab08305ea721385631eb5fd1c1715a82.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a real bummer. I had a junipero and didn't find it harsh, but I also didn't think it was tremendous like the robusto (viejos?) or corona gorda either. Maybe thicker is a bit better with the FdA blend.

In the core line I am super partial to the mk which is basically a mareva. It's a great cigar.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-13 at 8:07 PM, Danimalia said:

New Oliva Gilberto Oliva Reserva Churchiills. One of the U.S. mega retailers with whom I have a love/hate relationship with had a price that was too good to miss on these. Oliva always brings the goods at a fair price.

 

IMG_0052.thumb.JPG.c124bd23d375e5e0b985d2064bf60bb0.JPG

Saw these / know exactly which retailer you're talking about. Debating getting the robusto size. Not sure if you saw, but they're having a deal where they're including a 12-pack sampler with each box of 20

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 4:32 AM, DBeets77 said:

Saw these / know exactly which retailer you're talking about. Debating getting the robusto size. Not sure if you saw, but they're having a deal where they're including a 12-pack sampler with each box of 20

Mine actually came with a 5er of Oliva Serie O as an add on for $5, which was an easy yes for me. I haven't had the robusto size, only the corona, though I bought the Churchill. I think it's a very nice smoke. Nothing Earth-shattering about it. Just a good, medium-bodied cigar with a true Sumatra wrapper for a great price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Not to "butt in" here, but I believe that is the Davidoff "Art" series w the blue band not the Royal Release.
I did have a RR robusto when they were (royally) released. I thought it was a great cigar. Perfect construction, nice flavors. At $80 though I wonder who is smoking what!! 
You are correct, the blue banded one is from the "Art Series" and not the Royal Release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received a box of Opus Angels Share... Can't wait to dig into this box.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.