land based tuna

Ken Gargett

don't know the legalities but i have had mates sell fish to local stores or to fishermen who on-sell.

i remember the one time i got big snapper (and sadly, that really was the only time i have ever got big snapper - barwon banks off noosa) - one about 20 lbs and one about 15. my "mate" told me he was going to take them to sell to cover costs of the day - i pointed out that (and this bloke never did a single thing he did not charge his mates for) we'd split petrol, i'd bought bait etc etc and if he wanted them, he would need to take them from my cold dead fingers. but he was always selling under the table.

no idea if this bloke does (you'd like to think catch and release but no way did he get that on the rocks without a gaff) but you'd be sick of eating tuna if he kept it.

as an aside, the ultimate irony for my "mate", a lawyer by the way, his soon-to-be ex-wife used the hooker he was seeing regularly to serve the divorce papers. and had her serve him in his chambers. priceless.

• Like 1

don't know the legalities but i have had mates sell fish to local stores or to fishermen who on-sell.

i remember the one time i got big snapper (and sadly, that really was the only time i have ever got big snapper - barwon banks off noosa) - one about 20 lbs and one about 15. my "mate" told me he was going to take them to sell to cover costs of the day - i pointed out that (and this bloke never did a single thing he did not charge his mates for) we'd split petrol, i'd bought bait etc etc and if he wanted them, he would need to take them from my cold dead fingers. but he was always selling under the table.

no idea if this bloke does (you'd like to think catch and release but no way did he get that on the rocks without a gaff) but you'd be sick of eating tuna if he kept it.

as an aside, the ultimate irony for my "mate", a lawyer by the way, his soon-to-be ex-wife used the hooker he was seeing regularly to serve the divorce papers. and had her serve him in his chambers. priceless.

Lol.