Fuente Short Story : Throwback Review

Fuente Short Story : Throwback Review

Couple years ago I enjoyed these quite often, however, not so much the last couple and it's probably been almost a year since I tried one. Going to give it a go with water

Starts out with a little sweet spice, almost a hint of chocolate. Unfortunately a quick half inch in and now quite muted.

About 40 minute smoke. Better than I remembered! Might be awhile before I try another, but not bad. Some interesting transitions, maybe hint of fresh corn husk. Perfect burn!

post-20030-0-28404600-1437943236_thumb.j

post-20030-0-34794200-1437946481_thumb.j

• Like 4

Nice one... I've enjoyed a few boxes of these in the past ... from memory they were mighty enjoyable fresh especially the first inch but after a year they lost their sweetness and were just average. Love the vitola.

I think I still have a few somewhere, may need to light one up.

ps btp1979 i'm glad you list beekeeping as your hobby as the first thing i thought when i saw your pic was "Tobacco beetles crawling out of a humidor aaaaarrrgh!"biggrin.png

Been meaning to visit them again and i have had one in my humidor for about 5 years now sitting neglected and alone.

These were my favorites when i first visited Vegas and i remember them being great for when you didn't have the 1-2 hours to enjoy.

Partagas shorts have since take their place as the solution of choice for the 45 minute flash herf. i

Thanks, guys, I have several more Fuentes with a couple years on them now, may have to visit some of the others

Was one of my favourite non Cuban cigars. I haven't revisited for some time but am intrigued to see how I would assess it now. Will do so.

Thanks for the great review Brad!

Man I remember the first one I ever had was zoo good but couldn't never have another one to replicate that experience. I have a lonely one sitting in the humi as well that Ill burn soon. The last one I had was last year and it was still a good cigar, chocolate with even some veggie notes.

Just got a box of these last week and im dry boxing a few to try. I feel its a little too wet because of the 70rh boveda pack.

Btw, how does the maduro compare to the natural?

Even better. I absolutely LOVE the maduros. Harder to find though. I have a box of Best Seller maduro I need to crack.