Show us your cutters!

Hello fellow BOTL / SOTL

I love cutters - I paid for an expensive one once - It broke...so I went to the good ol plastic one - It broke after sometime - so then (I know, tsk tsk) I used teeth to rip off caps - this usually resulted in unravelling sometimes sad.png

So, went and brought a new cutter today....and boy is she beautiful smile.png

So, thought I'd I post a photo and encourage others to post theirs!

AC

2d8fl9j.jpg

• Like 2

Xikar MTX scissors for me.

I've had it since about 2008, it has cut probably 2,000 cigars including several trips to Cuba where it gets passed around the table all day because nobody else can find a cutter. Still as sharp as ever.

It has a very handy tool for bleeding a lighter, plus a little screwdriver for turning gas flow up and down.

post-3053-0-23280700-1438082599_thumb.jp

• Like 4

You said cutters, Here's a few!

20150728_cutters3_zpslvtilsmr.jpg

Mostly use the Palio or Credo triple-punch.

• Like 3

I've had it since about 2008, it has cut probably 2,000 cigars including several trips to Cuba where it gets passed around the table all day because nobody else can find a cutter. Still as sharp as ever.

It has a very handy tool for bleeding a lighter, plus a little screwdriver for turning gas flow up and down.

attachicon.gifIMG_1558.JPG

I use these too.

Love them.

attachicon.gifIMG_1558.JPG

That looks awesome. You haven't sharpened it at all?

Mostly use the Palio or Credo triple-punch.

How has the Palio held up? I have been thinking about making one my next cutter purchase!

How has the Palio held up? I have been thinking about making one my next cutter purchase!

I don't have any pics as I'm traveling but I use a Palio exclusively. Lifetime warranty, any store that sells them is required to switch it out for you for defects or a dull blade. If they DON'T then they risk getting their Palio license pulled.

Super sharp, never had to think twice about it. It's seen 100's of cigars over the past few years and cuts like a dream. I actually bought an extra just in case I lose my current one.

I also use a Xikar MTX tool to cut when I'm out on the town since the Palio is too big sometimes.

I also will add I have a Xikar Xi3 that I got for a good deal in the carbon fiber that I have not cut a cigar with yet since I like the Palio too much!

• Like 2

I don't have any pics as I'm traveling but I use a Palio exclusively. Lifetime warranty, any store that sells them is required to switch it out for you for defects or a dull blade. If they DON'T then they risk getting their Palio license pulled.

Super sharp, never had to think twice about it. It's seen 100's of cigars over the past few years and cuts like a dream. I actually bought an extra just in case I lose my current one.

I also use a Xikar MTX tool to cut when I'm out on the town since the Palio is too big sometimes.

I also will add I have a Xikar Xi3 that I got for a good deal in the carbon fiber that I have not cut a cigar with yet since I like the Palio too much!

You sold me. I'm going to have to pick one up while I'm out tomorrow. Safe travels!

Top-notch construction on these (though this one exploded once due to rough use in Havana last year). Actually came apart though I was able to reassemble and it has held fine since.

Lost my first one, have had this one for over ten years, still cuts clean every time.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

That looks awesome. You haven't sharpened it at all?

No, the picture shows a little wear where it looks like they've been sharpened but I haven't touched them.

I don't have the tools for sharpening a curved edge.

I once took a Dremel tool with a grinding wheel to the blade of a cutter and made a b@lls of it. Not again.

It still feels as sharp as new. The type of edge that will catch the ridges of your fingerprint.

25_1354849619327_l.jpg

Wow - no nonsense, man!

Slightly off topic, but what do you do when you are flying with only carry-on luggage? I had to bin a cutter on one occasion before passing through security.

I always check, but I always travel with 2 or 3 laptops and camera gear. No room for clothes/toiletries in overhead. :(

I do keep a punch on my keychain for "emergencies" though. Never had a problem going through security with it.

• 1 month later...