What was your first full time job?

My dad owned a grocery store, so I worked there until I turned 15. At that point I got a job pumping gas at a gas station(yes there used to be a guy that would do that for you!). I guess that was my first job I got paid to do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminiscing last week with some mates over a wine and a cigar. Brings out the best of laughs What was your first full time job? .....and what are you doing today While at University I had three mo

First jobs out of college were semi-pro hockey player and pastry baker at a local cafe.  Then I was a chef at a Zen Buddhist monastery in Colorado for two years.  Left last year.  Now I'm in search of

when i first saw the headline, my first thought was why - were you thinking of getting one? scary thing is i was also in the army reserve but two years? no way. i was gone by day three. the fact that

My first real job was as a.... car salesman. lookaround.gif Then I went into banking as a mortgage/securities officer. lookaround.gif After that, I went to work for Woolworths in special projects. lookaround.gif Now I am self-employed as an "importer". hole.gif As you can see, the level of shonkyness just got worse over time. lol3.gif

i like to point out that the car salesman is technically not your first real job.

You were selling something else, much better than cars in my personal opinion. I seem to recall you said that it paid better too.

My first full time job was car detailing at a major car auction. From there moved on to car detailing at small shop. Sat around one night with a bunch of buddies drinking and we decided that we need to do something in life so we all decided to go to college together. Completed a diploma in transportation engineering technology. Now working in traffic operations.

i like to point out that the car salesman is technically not your first real job.

You were selling something else, much better than cars in my personal opinion. I seem to recall you said that it paid better too.

Ok. Yes, you're right. Technically, I did have a job before working as a car salesman, and it was more lucrative. It was legal, but wouldn't look good on a resume.

My first full-time job was as an assistant golf pro at a local country club, although I had worked there "part-time" getting full-time hours through my college years.

I'm currently an accountant for an owner/operator of 11 fast food restaurants...I won't say which one but I will tell you my current nickname at the golf course is "The Hamburglar"...

Worked in a sock factory for school summers, putting socks on big wooden feet then into a large steam press, £3 an hour. Builder's labourer in the summers during uni, double shifts. Beer money. Then sold ice cream. Then worked in a metalwork factory bashing metal -the most depressed workplace I'd ever seen. Then a QA technician hand-checking metal parts for faults. Soulless work for £5 an hour. Then my first real job after graduating doing what I qualified for and now I lead a team of engineers!

My very first full-time job was when I became a recruit in the U.S. Army in 1978. Before that everything was part-time stuff.

Packing processed smallgoods and dairy products for a pizza supply business in Sydney.

This job was a means to an end, as it paid for my commercial pilots licence.

Mental health Counselor in a psych hospital. Second was Production Assistant for a television program. Pay was worse than my part time hospital orderly position (very first job).

Now I own a private healthcare practice.

First job was as an audit trainee for one of the big 8 (as it was then) audit firms. 30 years on and I'm still a beancounter, but now I'm the head beancounter. Along the way I've had a few diversions into bullshit (aka Strategic Planning) and heading up Indonesia for an European MNC.

My first job at age 14 was assembling PC Clones (some of you may still remember what these were) and installing them at the campus of the University of Tuebingen. I had to lie about my age since full time work was only legal at age 16.

Now I sell MEMS sensors :)

Back before there was an 'APP' for it, the Pizza Hut Telephone Order placement centre.

Awesome job and free Pizza!!!

Must have affected me as I still wear earphones with a boom mic!

I worked summers in high school and after my first year of college at a local golf/country club. I flipped burgers and worked the fryers in their poolside restaurant. Most of the managers were liberal with the consumption of alcohol while on the clock, everyone who worked there was young, hormones ran wild, sex was rampant.

Honestly more outrageous than caddy shack. I'm still close with a number of my friends from that job.

Stocking shelves in a shithole department store for $2.50 an hour. Then worked in a record store during high school for 3 years which was a great job. We were the ticket broker for concerts and tickets came into the store for sale. Staff got first dibs.