Yes, we still smoke tobacco in California

Upgrayedd

Hello friends !

I'm somewhat of a cigar newbie, but I have a tendency to jump head first into a hobby and this one is so gratifying to learn about and enjoy that I haven't made an exception.

I'm still barely starting my journey but but thanks to friends on some other forums I hit the ground running and bought my first box of RASS a few weeks ago and have some PSD4 and Bolivar PC on the way. I'm having a hard time not smoking RASS every day. Lighting up one of those after a few months of domestic cigars, some of them pretty good, was educational to say the least. Since that moment I've been pretty focused on CCs and it seems I'm in the right place to learn a lot about them. I've been lurking for a few weeks and its amazing and inspiring to see the depth of knowledge and collections displayed on these forums.

I'd say more but I think I'm going to have a cigar instead because nothing that comes out of my mouth will be as good as delicious smoke biggrin.png

Neil

Love the handle Neil... Upgrayedd with two D's, for a double dose of his pimping. Welcome from a fellow newbie!!

Thanks dt2. Any of my fellow Californians have suggestions for byoc cigar friendly establishments in the Long Beach area ? Not looking for cigar lounges as I'd prefer to bring my own smokes.

So far I've found:

The Stave Bar, Long Beach (Good selection of spirits, wasn't crazy about their cocktail program, outside patio with firepits)

Gulfstream, Newport Beach (Nice restaurant, outside patio with firepits.)

Twisted Vine, Fullerton (Nice restaurant, outside patio)

The White Rooster, Cypress (epitome of a dive bar. beer and wine only, no spirits)

I know there are many more in Los Angeles/Hollwood and really enjoyed Descarga but I'm still looking around for more nice spots near me.

Welcome! Canadian visiting Cali. In Nob Hill SF this am. After breakfast taking my family for a day trip to Napa. After tomorrow driving down through the coast to LA for 4 days then heading back home to Toronto.

Welcome! Canadian visiting Cali. In Nob Hill SF this am. After breakfast taking my family for a day trip to Napa. After tomorrow driving down through the coast to LA for 4 days then heading back home to Toronto.

Are you looking for somewhere to have a smoke in LA ? There are some great establishments in the LA/Hollywood/Beverly Hills area ranging from Buena Vista cigar club ($10 cover charge if you bring your own smokes) to La Descarga and Cana Rum Bar, two very nice bars with cigar lounges. La Descarga has burlesque dancers and live music after 10PM.

• 1 month later...