Australian Defense Force new rifle.

Australia picked out a pretty sweet little rifle for their soldiers. Meanwhile the U.S. is still using a rifle designed nearly 50 years ago.

http://www.funker530.com/new-australian-defense-force-assault-rifle-in-action/

The "EF88", as they've called it, is just a Steyr AUG with a laundry list of modifications.

The AUG itself has been in service since 1978. They didn't reinvent the wheel here, just like the US Army isnt reinventing it when choosing to continue to use the M4 and M16 which also have had quite a few modifications since the original weapons came into service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Remember boys and girls if any of these rifles have a micro chip in them for enhanced performance

"They Can Be Hacked". Find the IP address and hack away! It has already been done in the states

per a hacker newletter. they also hacked the onboard computer in a mates new auto. took control

of everything in his car. cool ha.

Never going to buy a gun with a chip on it. No thanks.

The M16/M4 is a tried and tested platform. The civilian market has really done some amazing things with the platform.

• Like 2

Sweet rifle but I'll still take the US military when the crap hits the fan. I'm not a fan of the M16 and I prefer that outdated old piece of junk called the AK47. I've got a few of them. f9ba8362dab308ec98bc078d40ab854f.jpg

Very nice! I like both...

Not a fan of the ejection port that close to my face, but the AUG is a proven, reliable platform. Would be interested to see how these perform at distance.

Sweet rifle but I'll still take the US military when the crap hits the fan. I'm not a fan of the M16 and I prefer that outdated old piece of junk called the AK47. I've got a few of them.

f9ba8362dab308ec98bc078d40ab854f.jpg

Isn't that just like a dog to go sniffing the butt . . .

Not a fan of the ejection port that close to my face, but the AUG is a proven, reliable platform. Would be interested to see how these perform at distance.

... with a handle of TCContender, me thinks you're a fan of single shot pistols! Aye?

My preference, FN-FAL cause friends don't let friends shoot mouse guns!

Since I am a believer in victory through superior fire power I will call my friend Greg the winner here. He takes no prisoners!...

Where are you mate? -Piggy

• Like 1

US forces are slowly going away from the m16, M4.I see a lot of scar weapons being used with smaller more tactical high speed units. Especially when I was in Afghanistan.

Yes, but the cost to replace the M16/M4 for the whole of the military has been deemed to expensive, so they are continuing to use them. However, the H&K m416 fix seems to have done wonders for the reliability issues many have experienced when those systems get dirty. It should have been the military's #1 priority to fix that issue especially since they knew since the 90's that it was a big problem. I have buddies who served who have told me their weapons would become inoperable during combat. Good for the Aussies that they are upgrading.

If they switched from DI to Piston based ARs they'd see reliability go way up. Another issue with reliability is the m16 platform is the tolerances are very tight, so a little piece of dirt or sand can seize up the bolt.

AKs don't have that problem because the tolerances in them let large boulders into the bolt and will still fire away.

You could buy 3-4 m4s for the price of 1 SCAR. The Scar is a superior platform, but way too expensive for anyone but special forces to get/

If they switched from DI to Piston based ARs they'd see reliability go way up. Another issue with reliability is the m16 platform is the tolerances are very tight, so a little piece of dirt or sand can seize up the bolt.

AKs don't have that problem because the tolerances in them let large boulders into the bolt and will still fire away.

You could buy 3-4 m4s for the price of 1 SCAR. The Scar is a superior platform, but way too expensive for anyone but special forces to get/

The H&K mod is a piston system that not only reduced the failure rate 3 fold, but functioned much to the level of the AK-47 in mud, dirt and sand.