Peppers

Fosgate

It's been such a wet summer that the plants are loaded with fruit but I think much of it will still be on the vine when snow hits before they ripen. Anyone else having problems with them? (I have some insect that loves the leaves)

Ghost Pepper

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=73B046043D58CA1C!1564&authkey=!ABebVIaPGRxBrrw&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Carolina Reapers

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=73B046043D58CA1C!1565&authkey=!AG25YePZK8menvE&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

I don't know. First time growing them. Plan on drying them and grinding them to powder. Never really got to starve them of water once the fruit appeared to make them hot because of so much rain. Will frost mess them up? Was half thinking of letting them dry on the vine and pick them late winter.

They will be plenty hot even without starving them I assure you. The reapers look like they will be plenty ripe before frost. You can put the pots inside your garage or in a sunny area in the house to keep them alive until harvest. Frost will probly ruin the fruit turning it mushy and making it rot. They will also taste plenty hot green thing of a green vs ripe jalepeno. One will be sweeter and more fruity the other a bit grassy. You can even keep them alive all winter in your garage if you can keep it from freezing, the leaves will all drop off but in the spring they will come back twice as big. I have had several in the last last 3-4 years turning into 7 foot tall pepper trees.

Good thing It was 98 two days ago when I left the house and put them inside. First frost was this morning and today winds are coming out of the North with only 67 degrees F out.

I tried a piece of the Carolina Reapers. It's true, really delightful fruity flavor for about 1 second. After that...like trying eating barbed wire. My guts have been boiling all day.

I tried a piece of the Carolina Reapers. It's true, really delightful fruity flavor for about 1 second. After that...like trying eating barbed wire. My guts have been boiling all day.

Haha!! Imagine the next time you venture to the toilet! lmao.gif

Last time I just powdered a few crab stuffed mushrooms. Friend and I had them and same thing. Lay on our sides all night with constant gas and belly rumbling and 6am we were both sitting on the toilet at the same time passing Lava and texting each other about our overall experience rating.

I'v eaten some pretty nasty stuff and thought I had a missing gag reflex. I have never eaten anything that my body wanted to expel as I fought not hiccups but heaving as my body wanted me to try and vomit them up but it wasn't any bad taste or anything like when your mouth starts to run and you get nauseous. Nausea never came and I had to fight it a little bit. Not bad but It was enough to signal you that your body does not want it in you like it is just on the edge of being poisoned. I have tried some powerful extracts etc but nothing like this. To me the Ghost Pepper seems hotter early on but does not last nearly as long and it doesn't wreak the havoc on your body like the Reaper. The intensity of the reaper continues to climb and the first 10 minutes seem like an hour, I don't know if it actually starts to lessen or if the body is just shutting down pain receptors to deal with it. The burn starts to calm a little after that and still has some burn 20 minutes later. Belching starts after that and after about three hours gas comes out the other side as your body begins to die. I would suggest if you try one do it a good 8hrs before bed you you can pass that nightmare before you sleep. I really think it produces enough gas fast enough a guy could wake up thinking he is having heart attack at night if they don't sleep on their left side. (Laying on the left side allows easier passing of gas). Would I try it again? Better get me drunk in the morning first.

• Like 1

With that said if someone is wanting to take a bite out of one I will send you one if you PM me your mailing address under one condition. You have to video it, upload it to a youtube channel and link it here.

• Like 1

I like to grind it up into a fine powder and use it in place of other chili powders etc. Only takes a pinch to spice up a big pot or slightly dust an item without a strong peppery flavor.