Favorite hot sauce?

Fosgate

Marie Sharps is reliably great. An even better sauce is Gladys' Hot Sauce made by Gladys at Gladys' Cafe in St.Thomas (http://gladyscafe.com/Sauce.php).%C2'> I stopped in while on a diving trip, and there was Gladys behind the counter. We sang Sinatra tunes together (her favorite singer) while tasting the sauce. But the best is a bottle of sauce my daughter bought me while traveling in Mozambique. It was made by an old woman selling them on the side of a road bottled in old used soda and juice bottles with screw caps. No name, no label, just some of the hottest, tastiest sauce I've had. Still going through the bottle little by little. And we always keep some Chalulas around as everyone likes Chalulas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I make my own - a mix of ghost and scorpion chillis mixed with roast garlic salt and olive oil - awesome - I have a guy here in NSW Australia who grows the chillies and sells them for $15 a kilo - epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For me the food drives the hot sauce,

Eggs and breakfast foods, Tabasco is it.

Mexican foods like fajitas, Yucatan Sunshine.

Everything else, a local brand, Lake Tahoe Double Diamond.

Double Diamond may be the best hot sauce I've had overall.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried lots of hot sauces, I used to order them online. Now I stick with Tabasco original. It's the only one I can be sure to find in any supermarket, here or just about anywhere else. I know what to expect with it. I don't have time for every meal to be an experiment. I wish I did.

• Like 1

Badia Chipotle, Ancho and Arbol. Great sauces and loads of flavor of the respective peppers. Not so hot that you can't taste anything.

Lots of interesting ideas in here for hot, medium, and mild sauces many I have tried and many I am now curious about. I hope I can raise your curiosity with my posting here since I didn't see an entry mentioning desert hot sauces. Yes you are reading this correctly and don't knock it till you try it. Toad Sweat desert hot sauces my favorite is this

http://www.hotsauce.com/Toad-Sweat-Key-Lime-Habanero-dessert-Sauce-p/1266ts.htm

Makes Vanilla ice cream taste like key lime pie with a little kick. The vanilla/lemon is delicious on angel food cakes and I hear there is a chocolate now too that I haven't tried.

If you cant handle really hot dont sweat it the key lime habanero is a lot less hot than a jalapeno with all of the flavors.

Got to chuck this one in the mix - Mr Vikki's Hell Hot Habanero. It's positively addictive - tangy, chunky, sharp lime edge, very hot but the flavours are astounding. Drooling just thinking about it...Just ran out today, need to order more!

It's from a small company in Carlisle, Cumbria just shy of the Scottish border (and coincidentally my home town, but I didn't know that it was from there at first). post-28662-145609149084.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tabasco and Sriracha are staples. One of my favorites is call The Pepper Plant. Apparently it's big in California, they make a bunch if different kinds, really well done sauce.

Depends on what I'm adding it to, and what I'm in the mood for...  I almost always have bottles of Tapatio and Cholula around. Very good, standard Mexican sauces. Super common here in California. I also tend to like a Habanero sauce which is a completely different flavor profile. More bright and tart. I found out about Marie Sharps which is a habanero/carrot sauce when I was on the Caribbean side of Guatemala back in '05. It's really good. The orange Yucateco is good, too. 

• 2 months later...

Second post on this thread because I've just discovered this...
Not a sauce per se, but this is fantastic stuff and I may now be having it on everything I eat from breakfast to bedtime snack.
Mr Vikki's XXX Hot Chilli Jam - sweet, stupidly hot and great spread on just about anything. They're based in Cumbria (UK) and have an extensive range - Google 'em.
Wow.fa1f02988cd20b4de1a819f3d067a864.jpg