Cigar Family

Thoughts on that place? I'm sure some members here are members there as well. I joined a few months back and let's just say I don't think I hit it off well with some of the original members.

Did meet a couple nice BOTL that I made some trades with but that's about it.

Also saw a couple comments regarding FOH that lead me to believe some of the inner circle there have negative thoughts about FOH!

My pleasure!

Not looking to start any problems. I was just shocked to read some of the things I read not only directed at me but just in general. I was under the impression there was a respect amongst everyone in the cigar community but apparently not.

This is the internet. Enjoy whatever you choose to do and whomever you choose to associate with. Who gives a toss what others say about the website you frequent or the content you post. Never used website in question, i've only ever been a member of FoH and that's the way i like it.

I must agree with Mus, I myself am unsure about any other site as I only HAUNT FOH ;)

With the diverse topics here and the people from all walks of life, I personally don't wish to venture anywhere else. There will always be haters and IMO that's a compliment from a lesser group who are supposedly BOTL.

Internet or no, it seems to be the human condition that we tend towards the cynical and critical. Not always, but more than half the time. It doesn't matter if it's small town gossip, or anonymous internet bullies; it seems like it's just easy for the average joe to slip into criticism.

I intend to spend as much time as possible in the other side, the positive side, of discourse. There's a lot of good folks on and off the internet; Rob and Ken and Di being examples of that, as well as my gang here. You don't have to agree on everything, but civility should be a basic rule for all. Life's too short to waste it on the critics.

• Like 1

My pleasure!

Not looking to start any problems. I was just shocked to read some of the things I read not only directed at me but just in general. I was under the impression there was a respect amongst everyone in the cigar community but apparently not.

Problem is, these threads invariably deteriorate into forum bashing. Other forums have a battle zone or something like it where this stuff usually goes. I'm glad FOH doesn't have one :)

Problem is, these threads invariably deteriorate into forum bashing. Other forums have a battle zone or something like it where this stuff usually goes. I'm glad FOH doesn't have one smile.png

I trust that our group here doesn't stoop to those low levels of bashing other forums. Forums are forums. FOH isn't perfect. Nothing is perfect. We try to be the best we can be for our members and i'm sure other forums do the same for theirs.

CF was one of my the first forums I was a member of but I haven't been there in years. I can recall it as having some great people and likewise discussion.

As a rule, we don't trash any other forum. Absolutely nothing is gained.

• Like 1

mate, your question reminded of the song from Cheers

+++

Making your way in the world today

Takes everything you've got;

Taking a break from all your worries

Sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,

The check is in the mail;

And your little angel

Hung the cat up by it's tail;

And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

And they're always glad you came;

You want to be where you can see,

Our troubles are all the same;

You want to be where everybody knows your name.....

+++

Need I say more ???

My mom always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Yeah, mine too.

Patrick just never realized that CF is not primarily a trading/selling site. He would have had far better reception at onlinehumidor or similar. As it was, he displayed a behavior that CF has come to instantly distrust: someone who has just joined and posts that they wish to sell their cigar collection for one reason or another. During the 18 years that I've been a member there, I have seen friends get swindled in that same scenario over and over.

I did a trade with him that went well. He's probably a great guy. He just covered himself with blood and jumped into the shark tank.

• Like 1

Yeah, mine too.

Patrick just never realized that CF is not primarily a trading/selling site. He would have had far better reception at onlinehumidor or similar. As it was, he displayed a behavior that CF has come to instantly distrust: someone who has just joined and posts that they wish to sell their cigar collection for one reason or another. During the 18 years that I've been a member there, I have seen friends get swindled in that same scenario over and over.

I did a trade with him that went well. He's probably a great guy. He just covered himself with blood and jumped into the shark tank.

Lakemirror nailed it on the head. I'm a member of several different cigar-related forums, and each has it's own way of operating. As mentioned, CF is not a primary trading/selling site.

This is an example of a new member marching to the beat of his own drum, and expecting the forum/community to adjust to him. It doesn't work like that here, at CF or at any of the other forums where I'm a member.

While I haven't been there in some time, I have made many friends there off the board. Remain friends to this day.

lakemirror & beparrish nailed it well. In the end, you joined to sell whereas many are there as part of an online community that reaches beyond the board . There have been many who join to scam on the members generosity, so they're very protective/cautious. Not saying you're one of them, but look at it from their perspective.

Every board has their @ass&6les, wouldn't lump them all into the same category....