Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

Anyone in the cigar community hear anything on the status of this cigar being released? It was supposed to be released last fall and now a year later still haven't heard anything on its release date. I was saving my coin for a box of these but I may just invest my coin in some RA Superiors and a cab of RASS instead.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,

John

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

Ask for them in lcdh berlin, and was told they were finished, as in sold out - havent seen them on sale anywhere though

Complete rubbish. Not a single one has been delivered yet.

Right now the issue is when these will come out. However, I think what is pertinent to add to our discussion is that the original Ramon Allones 8-9-8 was not much seen after the early 1990s. It reappeared in 1998 in small quantities but was discontinued in 2002. I understand it was not a big seller.

If this regional release is like the original, than we will be expecting a strong cigar that will benefit from some time resting, like 3 years. I guess we'll see but I'm intrigued to hear from our experienced enthusiasts who have savoured the original.

Is there any chance these will be available through FOH? If not I'd really appreciate if someone could PM details on how to obtain. I definitely want a box and would probably want to split a second.

Unlikely to see any non-PCC Regionals here but I guess one never knows.....

Ask for them in lcdh berlin, and was told they were finished, as in sold out - havent seen them on sale anywhere though

Do you speak German?

If not I am almost sure you had some kind of misunderstanding with the seller.

He understood you were asking about any Alemania Regionales, which, I think, are all sold out (1 or 2 exceptions in someplaces).

The RA 8-9-8 is not the only 2014 release that hasn't hit the market yet. The H. Upmann Butifarra and No. 2 Reserva Cosecha 2010 are MIA as well.

Do you speak German?

If not I am almost sure you had some kind of misunderstanding with the seller.

He understood you were asking about any Alemania Regionales, which, I think, are all sold out (1 or 2 exceptions in someplaces).

That or they thought he asked for the Ramon Allones 898 which has been sold out for just a little while....

The RA 8-9-8 is not the only 2014 release that hasn't hit the market yet. The H. Upmann Butifarra and No. 2 Reserva Cosecha 2010 are MIA as well.

The reservas are hitting German LCDH on the 29th.

• Like 1