Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

I'm just a little more wary of flippers and hype than I have been in years past.

Wine, Cigars, it is of little difference. Premium consumables have the benefit of drink/smoke now or later....or sold on down the track as a result of need or choice.

• Like 3

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

Wine, Cigars, it is of little difference. Premium consumables have the benefit of drink/smoke now or later....or sold on down the track as a result of need or choice.

Thanks for the word, Rob - choice.

idea.gif

• Like 3

Thanks for the reminder !

We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today.

And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

attachicon.gifzorro 898.jpg

I absolutely love the joy expressed upon your broad smiles! Fraternity, laughter and a Ramon Allones 8-9-8, what more could one ask for?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Picking up my five boxes next week. Hoping to light one up next week in the new Fox lounge.

that should be a real nice treat, that place is on my bucket list to visit someday! :)
  • Like 1

It's my choice as well. I don't wanna miss a choice like I did not buy a pile of PL Magnifico when it released 7-8 years ago.

These are nowhere close to the idea, process, and execution that went into the Magnificos. I can't even fathom the comparison. Maybe you could draw the analogy to La Escepcions, as to which liking those are also your prerogative.

Posted this recently in the recent purchases thread:

Perhaps Habanos S.A. was so slow on delivery due to the apparent band shortage.

post-6965-144613250047.jpg

Definitely happy to get these, though it's definitely been a long haul. Gracious to those to helped. Only got 2 of my wanted / intended 5 boxes, so we'll see how things roll for further alotments going out to the shops.
  • Like 2

They rolled an Lonsdale, put an RA band on it and called it an 898 . . .

Anything else I should know about these, like if they actually were rolled on virgin thighs? Lord almighty people, the hype associated with this release is ridiculous. Who has even smoked one? One link to one review?

Smoked pre-production / blending versions, though it was a 1/2" longer or so. Was quite nice, but unsure on the RA-classic flavour tones to me initially.

A couple of us had a go with these.

Posted this recently in the recent purchases thread:
Perhaps Habanos S.A. was so slow on delivery due to the apparent band shortage.
Definitely happy to get these, though it's definitely been a long haul. Gracious to those to helped. Only got 2 of my wanted / intended 5 boxes, so we'll see how things roll for further alotments going out to the shops.

Nice score

I've got 1.5 boxes in transit

Wanted to grab a couple more but the run around sourcing them, plus the crappy aussie dollar means I'll have to hope some of the later batches last a little longer til the budget recovers

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried one of these. Pleasant cigar but lacking everything that makes a good RE; it will certainly benefit from ageing but I was expecting something better. Much ado about not much, IMHO.

If you've smoked regular production RA 898's,how would they compare?