Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

Mark,

are you saying that the RA898 were rolled at VC, and they might actually be Partagas 898?

Is that a reliable info that you got or an educated guess?

What's the code of the RA 898, btw?

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars.

Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too.

Here's my verdict :

The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes.

But a great smoke from the start now and an amazing finish full of cocoa and leather, I was going to let it go out and it amazed me with an aroma explosion in the last 5-6 puffs.

Great RA style too.

I am a happy man.... :-)

attachicon.gifdalay 898 001.jpg

attachicon.gifdalay 898 03.jpg

This is definitely "proof of arrival"! You certainly look happy Nino. Good on you! Thanks for the mini-review. ok.gif

They will probably end up becoming a regular production again with all this popularity. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Some members are saying it is alread a regular.

Nino said they are very good. I trust him. So I just hope all regular 898 goes like that from now on... if they are really the same... of course not.

They will probably end up becoming a regular production again with all this popularity. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Since when popularity on one or two forums have influenced anything about a cigar? You just forget hundreds of thousands of B&M customers in Europe, Asia, etc. who will never hear or even don't care about 2000 boxes delivered in Germany…

How many Regionals became a regular production, again?

Why was the original RA898 discontinued, again?

Since when popularity on one or two forums have influenced anything about a cigar? You just forget hundreds of thousands of B&M customers in Europe, Asia, etc. who will never hear or even don't care about 2000 boxes delivered in Germany…

How many Regionals became a regular production, again?

Why was the original RA898 discontinued, again?

Fair point.

Do you have a theory as to why these one or two forums are so keen on these cigars, in particular?

There are plenty of other 2000 box limited releases that don't get this kind of attention.

Fair point.

Do you have a theory as to why these one or two forums are so keen on these cigars, in particular?

There are plenty of other 2000 box limited releases that don't get this kind of attention.

I do.

The connoisseur's aka the above average avid hobbyist's point of difference, is that they/we are anti-bigringgauge. Like the hipsters are to denim or slacks. It is how we differentiate and identify ourselves from the average punter and the ensuing popular trend of big ring gauge (50/52+) cigars.

La Escepcion all over again.

I think the hype will be justified. Again. Sort of like a combined 'finger on the pulse' result really.

Sent from my iPhone

Fair point.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they aren't 50+ RG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1