Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

I'm just hoping we make it to page 7 innocent.gif

done.

edit: darn! still on page 6! lolol :)

Here my notes on the RA 898.

More intense than the first one smoked 3 days ago, less pronounced sweetness and more intense tobacco taste first third.

Great draw, while first was “easier” on the draw this was perfect – great burn as well. Few relights. I could taste the freshness of the cigar, but not in a negative kind of way, just factual.

The first was “nuttier” & sweeter whereas this had an added spiciness.

A most pleasant medium strong cigar, leathery, well balanced with a very nice retro-haling as well. It maintained the flavours and intensity during the smoke duration as well.

My verdict is that this is a great cigar with a huge potential if you can keep your hands off the box and be patient. But considering how good it is smoking now that will be very difficult …

I smoked a H.Upmann Reserva Piramide after the RA 898 which, while good, had no progression or marked changes and tasted … woody.

I’ll take the RA 898 any day of the week and twice on Sundays …

And whoever thinks this might be a different animal, a Partagas 898 disguised as RA 898 … think again. Or rather : Furgett it.

http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/ramon-alones-898-er-alemania-review/

Thanks for the follow up review Nino.

I know this thread is long already, but any info whether these might be available at airport duty-free in Munich and Frankfurt?

I travel through Frankfurt frequently. Never seen any RE and only once seen LE there. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Looking forward to mine

I agree they'd be a good flip in a couple of years (if the RACF is anything to go by), but then every box I sold off would be one less I wouldnt be able to smoke, so I think these will be burners for me

Fully agree with the last poster - they might be a great flip in a few years, but they will also be a great cigar to smoke and enjoy.

Fully Off Topic : ( well almost ... :-)

Here's a series of great photographs taken by a cigar loving professional photographer last Saturday during my visit to a great touring cigar roller from La Corona.

http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/a-great-photographer-meets-a-great-roller/

• Like 3

Don't bother with LCDH Stuttgart. Just popped in today. Apparently they flew out the door. My German's not great, but I'm pretty sure she said something about there only being 50 boxes for 11 LCDHs in Germany. And they've all disappeared pronto.

Don't bother with LCDH Stuttgart. Just popped in today. Apparently they flew out the door. My German's not great, but I'm pretty sure she said something about there only being 50 boxes for 11 LCDHs in Germany. And they've all disappeared pronto.

It's more 50 boxes each casa. And yes they flew out of the shelves - if they ever get in touch with it.

I've just remembered Ramon Allones 225 Hunters & Frankau Aniversario (RE UK). Big buzz some months ago.

Now 898 Alemania.

Not saying they aren't excellent cigars but saying seems to be a good deal to "delay" launches.

You think they delay releases purposefully? That's giving them FAR too much credit ....LOL

• Like 1

225's were produced in 2011 (or 2012) and were announced by H&F they would be available just on 2015. Didn't you know that?

Yes I did know that. Based on your previous post you compared it to the 898. I assumed you were referring to the hype that grew for the 898 partly due to the delay in release and suggesting HSA purposefully orchestrated this master plot.

What were you trying to say?

Yes I did know that. Based on your previous post you compared it to the 898. I assumed you were referring to the hype that grew for the 898 partly due to the delay in release and suggesting HSA purposefully orchestrated this master plot.

What were you trying to say?

That no matter what, if the cigar is expected and delayed it will be a seller.

And now has just crossed my mind Monte 80 Aniversario (they are not already available, arent they?).

But they all have in common the double band... maybe this is the answer...

• Like 1