Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

225's were produced in 2011 (or 2012) and were announced by H&F they would be available just on 2015. Didn't you know that?

The H&f 225 were not really a RE more to celebrate the 225 anniversary of H&F and were released at there anniversary party so would hardly say they were delayed. The delay between being produced and them being put to sale was on purpose as a turn back to the old ways where they used to store cigars for 2 years before selling them

My review on this cigar.

Ramon Allones ER Allemania

Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43).

First Third

Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start

Taste

Black pepper 3/5

Coffee 2/5

Earth 2/5

Cacao 1/5

Hazelnut 1/5

Second Third

A better balance with coffee, cacao, hazelnuts and pepper

Black Pepper 2/5

Coffee 2/5

Earth 2/5

Cacao 1/5

Hazelnut 1/5

Final Third

The nutty and cacao are fading. Earth, pepper are more prominent.

Black Pepper 3/5

Coffee 2/5

Earth 3/5

Cacao 0/5

Hazelnut 0/5

Final

Slowly some bitternes creeps in

Verdict

8.5/10

Good RA DNA but slightly more refined. Reminiscent of the H&F and the Swiss ER from 2014.

A fresh cigar that is already good. I am sure in the future, once the pepper fades it will be a wonderful complex smoke.

Buy now and put it away for a few years.

Thanks for sharing.. any impression about the strenght?

That no matter what, if the cigar is expected and delayed it will be a seller.

And now has just crossed my mind Monte 80 Aniversario (they are not already available, arent they?).

But they all have in common the double band... maybe this is the answer...

Had the privilege of smoking an unbanded Monte 80th through a friend.

Hands down the best new release I've tasted this year.

Of course I haven't tasted each single cigar that came out this year plus I am a fan of Montecristo.

The H&f 225 were not really a RE more to celebrate the 225 anniversary of H&F and were released at there anniversary party so would hardly say they were delayed. The delay between being produced and them being put to sale was on purpose as a turn back to the old ways where they used to store cigars for 2 years before selling them

Yes. That's what Oliver said...

Smoked my first one today....

First 3rd really interesting but indeed reminding me of the P898 with its ethereal and oily flavour profile... biggrin.png

In addition quite like a mix of RAAE 2011 and RAAS.

2nd half till end it becomes a bit marshy in its youth..

Definitely needs time.

Hope it will be smoked and not sold in 5 years for 3 times the price...

Haha in other words....OVERRATED

Ive heard all I need to hear. To those that "went deep" good luck unloading your 35 boxes for a 30% markup

Ive heard all I need to hear. To those that "went deep" good luck unloading your 35 boxes for a 30% markup

Or, from other posts in the thread 'Excellent' and ' a great cigar with huge potential' - feel free to pick the post that suits the point you wish to make though...

• Like 2

Or, from other posts in the thread 'Excellent' and ' a great cigar with huge potential' - feel free to pick the post that suits the point you wish to make though...

Can't remember the last time someone dropped thousands on smokes and admitted to them being mediocre. Just sayin'.

Of all the tasting notes, it seemed to be the most honest and objective.

I'm not trying to make waves and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just a little more wary of flippers and hype than I have been in years past.

Can't remember the last time someone dropped thousands on smokes and admitted to them being mediocre. Just sayin'.

Of all the tasting notes, it seemed to be the most honest and objective.

I'm not trying to make waves and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just a little more wary of flippers and hype than I have been in years past.

Not a flipper. Honest review.

• Like 1

They are already going for that markup and will go for 100% or more as soon as they sell out.

• Like 1

Totally against flipping, I have one box and they're for smoking, but the general consensus seems very positive, will smoke one soon and post about it (while searching for more if they're as good as they smell :) )

But yeh, Lotusguy is right, no one is going to have a problem making money on these.

• Like 1

Totally against flipping, I have one box and they're for smoking, but the general consensus seems very positive, will smoke one soon and post about it (while searching for more if they're as good as they smell smile.png )

But yeh, Lotusguy is right, no one is going to have a problem making money on these.

Totally agree... I bought a few boxes, and will smoke one this weekend with a good friend. I will be happy to give my unbiased opinion.

Already see some flipping on some popular sites... Some folks have more dollars than sense...

• Like 1

Would buy some if i could. Not in the budget right now and seems they won't be in the future. biggrin.png I would not "flip" them to make a buck. Not what I am in for. I am in to smoke and share with friends. That is what this is all about, for me anyway. What works for me does not have to work for anyone else.

• Like 1

Yes, the conversation has strayed. I have heard enough from trusted mates who love a good cigar to want to pick up up a box to enjoy.

• Like 3

I'm not planning to flip. Didn't buy 35 boxes either. However, if they reach silly money (like Monte Sublimes, for example), I'll be a seller of some. If not, I'll happily smoke them all.