On the Golf Course

I Love having a cigar on the course if it is a calm day..... Hate what the wind does to a fine cigar.. If it is windy I'll simply stick to drinking some "Aiming Fluid" and wait until I get back to the clubhouse patio where there is some shelter.

I will smoke two cigars each round - an AF Double Chateau Fuente SG on the front and a La Gloria Churchill Maduro (non-CC) on the back. Both are hearty, consistent, flavorful and sturdy cigars that hold up to all sorts of weather conditions.

Stick to NCs on the course. Generally don't get into expensive cigars. When I'm golfing I don't want to baby or focus on the cigar, I'm there to golf (I'm a 3-5 handicap...).

After round cigar is a different story.

Amen to that. Cigars either distract a good golf game or golf distracts a good cigar. Definitely afterwards.

I'm anywhere from 3-5 size dependent.

Today I had a siglo VI, Bolivar Super Corona, and finished with a partagas culebras.

Stick to NCs on the course. Generally don't get into expensive cigars. When I'm golfing I don't want to baby or focus on the cigar, I'm there to golf (I'm a 3-5 handicap...).

After round cigar is a different story.

I don't baby or pay close attention to what I smoke on the course, but for the moment(s) when I'm sitting in the cart smoking, I'd rather not be smoking than smoking a cheap NC just so I can be happy to not be spending too much. Not every cigar has to be a long drawn out process where you cleanse your palate after every draw and write a 5 page review afterwards

• Like 2

After reading this yesterday, I knew i was golfing today and brought a NC just to screw around.

Notes:

1) I've smoked cigars on the course before, but not terribly often.

2) I'm a 21.3 handicap (no one makes that up...), but shoot high 80's low 90's regularly.

3) The cigar is a pain: Light it up, put it down, go long with the big stick, pick up cigar, put it down, pick it up, etc, etc.

4) The stick burned light crap because its too hard to pay constant attention.

Side note: The wind from driving the cart messes with it, so then I'm dragging on it too much, its just not terribly enjoyable.

5) Probably not that interested in continuing to smoke on the course, I'll save it for hole 19.

Some of you are better men than me if you can multitask golf, cigar, drive cart, wink at cart girl, repeat.

X2! :cigar:

There's no perfect vitola for out of doors, but the robustos and corona gordas seem to do the best of staying lit and burning about as evenly as one could expect with any sort of breeze. Big fatties and Churchill/DC's take more maintenance.

I like the Punch Punch, Epi 2, PSD 4, CORO, Siglo IV or Mag46 on the course.

I am completely agreed with this...low maintenance and some of my go-to cigars listed here.

I also smoke Drew Estate cigars (Liga Privada, Undercrown, Nica Rustica ) when grabbing NC's because the almost always stay lit, minimal touch-ups make for an enjoyable compliment to searching for my golf ball in the trees, water, sand... :lmao:

For those of you who golf as well as I do :wink2: check out this link

https://youtu.be/4cxjeMKw03o