Gunpowder Finishing Salt

MIKA27

Gunpowder Finishing Salt

gunpowder1.jpg

Gunshow is a restaurant in Atlanta with a rotating weekly menu that includes everything from BBQ spiced pork belly and pan-seared flounder to a dish with duck three ways called “Duck, Duck, Duck.” After years of experience in the Gunshow kitchen, chefs Kevin Gillespie and Joey Ward poured their knowledge into the creation of Gunpowder Finishing Salt. With a blend of Hawaiian volcanic salt, chipotle, black pepper, garlic, onion, sumac and some other secret ingredients, the tangy spice mix with smoky, residual heat is the perfect finishing touch for “grilled meats, fried foods, barbecue or any foods lacking deliciousness.” It also looks like gunpowder and comes in a cool 5oz container that’s sure to have your guests wondering what you’re cooking with. [Purchase]

We'll be giving these boys a try week after next.

Interesting dining concept:

Simply put: just let the food come to you. The person who prepared the dish will walk over to your table and describe his/her dish. Feel free to ask questions! Just nod or say yes if you’re in, and how many orders you want. Not interested? That’s ok, just pass and wait for the next dish to come along.

Will let y'all know what we thought.....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rebooked twice now. Had to be in Boston week before last, Chicago this past one.

Trying for the 12th.....

My mother used to make some seasoning using black powder. Not sure how he made it but I can remember she made the best Mallard duck with that seasoning and Budweiser and Pheasant with that stuff and sweet Jalapeno Jam. I'm going to have to try this to see if it is similar.